27- Yes!

Brooke's P.O.V. (3 months later)

After we got home from the hospital, Reed stayed home for a few weeks with us before returning to work. He has been amazing and so helpful throughout this whole process and even more now.

He would get up in the middle of the night to change Malia or bring her over to me when I needed to nurse her.

Lia (Malia) was an amazing baby and I thanked the Lord for how blessed we were to have her.

I went back to school this week, to help and say goodbye to my class before summer vacation started. Today was the last day of school and the family carnival so Reed and Lia were here for that.

The school had games and fun little activities planned that the kids could do with their family's after lunch.

I was standing next to Chris and Emily, talking with them when the principal; Ethan got on his mic, getting everyone's attention.

Reed had gone off with Lia and Ben somewhere a little bit ago but they should be back by now. I looked around, not seeing them anywhere.

"Good afternoon everyone and welcome. I'm so glad you all could make it out here today. It's been a busy but fun year for all of us."

Ethan pointed at Pam in the audience, "Pam, our second grade teacher is retiring after teaching for our school district for thirty two years." Everyone started clapping. "She's going to be missed."

He continued doing his speech, talking about the school year and recognizing certain teachers and staff.

"Lastly, one of our kindergarten teachers, Brooke Jamison, had a baby this year. Brooke, where are you?"

My eyes widened. What the fuck?

I raised my hand, embarrassed. I hated attention and everyone's eyes were on me.

"There you are. Come stand on the yellow dot in front of the stage, please."

Chris pushed me forward, smiling like a crazy man. I walked forward, confused as to what the hell was happening right now. I stood on the yellow dot and looked up at the stage.

"Brooke is not only a great person but a great teacher and we are so lucky to have her be a part of this school district. Not only do I think that but so do a few others. Kids, why don't you join us?"

Corey led my class out in a single file line, stopped and then faced me. Each of them holding on to what looked like tagboard in their hands. The Principal walked behind them staring back at me.

"Class, what do you want to tell Ms. Jamison?" Ethan asked.

"We love you Ms. Jamison." They all yelled together.

"Awwww!" I touched my heart and started to smile. They were all so cute.

"I think there's someone else that might love her too. Reed?"

My eyes almost bugged out of my head when Reed walked onto the stage, holding Lia and grabbed the microphone from Ethan.

"Yes, I definitely do." Reed said in the mic.

He started walking down the steps on the stage, handing Lia off to my mother.

Mom? What the hell was she doing here? I quickly looked around and saw a few people crying, people smiling and others covering their mouths, hiding the smirks on their faces.

My eyes locked with Reed's again as he started waking forward until he was standing directly in front of me.

Holy shit.