5- Pregnant

Brooke's P.O.V. (3 weeks later)

Pregnant.

I was still sitting on the toilet in the Target bathroom, staring at the pregnancy tests in front of me, both of them confirming what I already knew.

I felt numb.

I'm not sure how long I sat there before finally standing up. I pulled up my pants and walked out of the stall. Going towards the garbage cans, I threw away the tests and washed my hands.

Grandma still needed some groceries, so I headed over to get a cart and pulled out her shopping list.

I couldn't believe this was happening.

Actually, I could because I figured we didn't use protection.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I angrily whispered as I hit the cart handle.

An older couple looked at me, odd and slightly afraid before grabbing onto each other, pulling one another away from this situation.

I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath and then let it out before I continued to shop again.

What will Reed think?

Or Grandma and my parents. Would they be disappointed in me?

Vanessa was definitely going to kill me.

Fuck! I internally growled at myself before grabbing the last item on the list and started heading to the checkouts.

As I got in line I saw a book, 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'. I choked back the sob that was trying to escape. Tears filled my eyes as I started taking the groceries out of my cart.

My heart hurt, I was only twenty five, I wasn't married or even dating the father-

"Ma'am?"

"Huh?" A voice brought me out of my daze.

"That will be Forty two dollars and twenty five cents. Are you alright?"

I swiped my card, "Yeah, I'm fine."

I was definitely not fine.

After loading up the groceries, I drove to my grandma's house.

"Grandma?" I said as I knocked and opened the front door.

"I'm in here, dear." She yelled from the kitchen.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw her standing by the stove taking a fresh batch of her chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.

"I have food in the crock pot too, please tell me you're staying for dinner, Brooke?"

"I am." I gave her a warm smile and kissed her cheek, setting the groceries on the counter. "I finished boxing up the last of my things. I just need help getting the rest of it over here."

I've been going to the apartment when I know Vanessa wasn't there and making sure my bedroom was locked up tight when I left again.

I've brought some of my things over already but because I haven't been feeling very good the last few weeks I put off getting the rest  since I didn't absolutely need it.

"That's wonderful. Are you okay, sweetheart?" She asked as I started putting the food away.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Honey, what is it? Is it Vanessa again?"

"Partly, I just have a lot on my mind right now but I'll be alright."