12- You ready for this?

Brooke's P.O.V.

I had a lot of fun at Chris and Emily's house last night. Spending time with Reed was something I always found myself enjoying.

When he was with Vanessa I would count down the minutes until he'd come over so I could see him again. I never once thought about pursuing anything with him, he was with Vanessa and that was a line I never would have crossed. Now all bets were off.
Vanessa might hate me for this but Reed and I were now having a baby together and I was developing very strong feelings for him.

I felt like a horrible person but I deserved to be happy too and Vanessa had already moved on.

It was weird. For as scared and confused as I was in the beginning, I was oddly excited that we were starting to tell people about the baby.

I was in the garden picking the vegetables that were ready when I heard a car coming up the driveway.

My parents?

I watched as they got out of their vehicles, waving at them as they went inside the house after telling them I'd be in shortly. I wanted to finish the row I was picking since I was almost done.

About ten minutes later, I heard my name being screamed.

Grabbing the bucket, I quickly started running up to the house. Skipping stairs as I ran through the front door to see my very angry Dad, coming down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" I asked out of breath, setting the vegetables on the table. I noticed Mom and Grandma sitting at the kitchen table looking equally confused.

"What's wrong? Oh I don't know, Brooke. Maybe you can explain this?"

Dad brought his arm forward, handing me the baby's ultrasound picture.

"You went through my room?" I yelled.

"Don't you dare turn this around to me. I wanted to see what you did with the upstairs since we haven't been here since you moved in," He pointed at the picture in my hand. "That was hanging up on your dresser mirror."

Mom walked over, looking at the picture in my hand. "You're pregnant?"

"How could you have been so careless?" Dad asked. "And then you have the nerve to move into your grandmother's house in your condition?"

"Okay, that's enough," My grandma stood up, wrapping her one arm around my lower back as she faced Dad. "I wanted her here regardless, it's a baby not a plague."

"You knew about this, Mom?" My mom asked, confused.

"Yes, of course I did."

Mom turned back towards me. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I'm only ten weeks along. We wanted to wait until we were further along in case I had a miscarriage."

"We? Who's we, you and Alma?" Dad questioned.

I sighed, "No. The father, Reed Andrews."

"Reed Andrews? Why does that name sound so familiar?"

I mentally groaned. This again… I just wanted to move on from the fact it was Vanessa's ex already. 

Mom looked at me, "Wasn't that the young man Nessy was dating?"

My dad's eyes widened.

"Yes, okay. Things happened one night between the two of us, long after they broke up. He's a good guy and I promise, nothing happened when they were dating."

"I can't believe this." Dad ran his hands down his face.

"I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment. I was scared when I found out I was pregnant but Reed has been nothing but supportive about this whole thing. I get this isn't ideal, but it's the way it is."