11- Party

Brooke's P.O.V. (10 weeks)

When Reed asked me to be his date to this party at Chris and Emily's, I was secretly jumping for joy. I liked Reed, a lot and I would love nothing more for something to happen between us but I have this tiny voice in my head telling me he's only asking me because I'm now pregnant with his child and he's just being nice.

I couldn't shake that feeling no matter how hard I tried.

"Are you coming home tonight?" Grandma asked as I did my hair.

My head snapped in her direction, "Yes?"

She started laughing, "Well I wasn't sure. Just let me know if you decide that you'll be staying at Reed's."

"Why would I stay at Reed's?" I was beside myself, that I was having this horrid conversation with my grandmother. It's bad enough she knew I had a one night stand and got pregnant.

"He likes you, you're having his baby and you ask me such silly questions."

I just stared at her, not really knowing what to say except, "I'm coming home."

She rolled her eyes and walked out of the bathroom.

I hurried and put my stuff in the drawer and followed her out.

"You just rolled your eyes at me!"

"I'm sorry, but you like that boy and I know you won't bring him back here out of respect for me because that's just who you are but honey, live a little."

"Are we seriously having this conversation right now?"

"You act as if I've never had sex before. Do you like that boy?"

"Yes, of course I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with him tonight. That night with him wasn't me, I like the dating and relationship status before the... you know."

"Sex?"

"Ahhhh, yes... the sex."

"Have you talked to him about a possible relationship?"

"No, he's already been so great. I don't want him to run away if I tell him I possibly want a relationship with him because what if he doesn't? This is all so new."

"He's a good boy and he likes you. I can see it, Brooklyn. He isn't going to run away, if anything he will jump at the chance to be with you."

I heard Reed's truck pull up. "I'm coming home, thank you for being so great but let's not rush things, okay?"

"Fine, but if things change... call me, that's all I'm saying." She opened the door, motioning him in. "Reed, how are you? Come in."

Reed walked through the door, "I'm good, Alma. How are you?" His eyes landed on me, roaming my body.

I couldn't help but do the same. Reed's white fitting t-shirt showed off his toned arms and delicious ripples on his stomach, making me want to spend the night at Reed's.

What the actual hell? I cleared my throat as I looked away.

"Just fine, dear."

"B, you look... really nice."

I felt my cheeks heat up, "Thank you. Are you ready?"

"Yes. Emily is excited that you're coming." He paused looking over the paint samples that sat on the table. "Are you guys painting?"

"Next summer, Brooke was going to paint the barn and porch this summer but being that she's pregnant she isn't able to."

"I can do it." He said without hesitating.