17.

We have been driving for an hour now. After Leo was done talking with Alex.

We settled inside the car and drove away from the house. Alex's face was pale with a frown plastered on it.

He kept muttering small profanities under his breath but after one look from Leo clamped his mouth shut.

I smiled at the exchange and turned to look outside. The scenery is breathtaking.

The green trees zooming away so fast, that I can't seem to capture their texture. I wish my life would pass in the same way.

Not that I'm depressed or anything but now I've started to think that maybe it's going too smoothly.

Silence before the storm maybe?

"You okay?" Marco asked, eyes still glued to his phone.

I looked up at him. "Huh? Yeah." My voice was extremely low and soft.

I've been tired since yesterday's night. In the morning too, it took every ounce of my energy to run away from Leo.

"You seem tired." I nodded to his institution. "Somewhat. Like I've said before, I want to pass out for an eternity." Yawning, I curled into a ball.

Folding my legs against my chest and wrapping my arms around it. "if I would sleep, maybe I do feel less tired."

Muttering to myself, I close my eyes.

My eyes opened when I felt extremely hot. Sweat trickling down my forehead and neck.

I rubbed my eyes slowly and adjusted to the horrible view. The car was burning and the flames were high. The front two seats were already on fire adding to warm temperature.

My question is where are my brothers? Are they already out of the car? But why didn't they took me with them?

The smoke was blinding my view and at one point I close my eyes waiting for the flames to engulf me. But the thought of my brothers made me open my eyes.

But this time the flames were much higher than the last time. I wasn't in the car anymore but in a room.

The same room at the back of the mansion. All of the furniture was on fire.

Someone with black attire was trying to open that cupboard. He kept looking back at the door as if he going to get caught.

His whole face was covered in a black mask leaving no clue of who he is.

His eyes shifted towards something on the couch.

My eyes were getting wet and blurred. They were closing on their own. I kept panting as the smoke was filling up in my lungs.

I couldn't voice out anything. I was helpless. But I could hear the loud sobbing of someone.

That mysterious person made his way towards the couch and picked up something.

A baby.

A baby clad in a blue-colored button-down and peach shorts and two pigtails at the top of her head.

He raised the baby high in the air and was about to slam it in the wall but stopped.

He carried the baby and was doing something. But my eyes were extremely hazy and blurred due to smoke.

I closed my eyes and coughed extremely hard that my chest started to burn.

The last thing, I saw from my blurred vision was the baby waking up and looking at the man carrying her.

I woke up again, but this time my vision wasn't blurred, and I was in a white-colored room.

Laying on the softest comforter on a king-sized bed. I decided to sleep for some more time.

Just as I close my eyes, I remembered all which I've seen.

So, it was all dream. I mean it can only be a dream or maybe memories.

But whose?

Suddenly, a knock could be heard. "Alle? Are you awake?" Without waiting for an answer, that certain someone who just so happens to be Rocco entered inside.

"Oh, you are awake!" Saying that he shouted, "Alex, Sandro, Marco. Allegra is awake!"

I winced at his voice to which he smiled sheepishly. "What happened to you? You fell asleep in the car and then started sweating and panting like crazy."

"Was I?" I mumbled to myself. Loud thumping came from the outside of the room. Suddenly, all three of them slide in pushing past each other.

Alex pushed Sandro and Marco to a side and came to sit beside me. "Oh my, you're finally up. We can eat delicious food now. It's your favorite by the way."

My ears perked up, "What is it?"

"Arrabiataaaa." I doubled in laughter. The way he stretched that 'a' in the end with that perky ''re had me in tears.

When I was done I swapped my palm over my face removing every stain or tear on it. "I've never eaten it."

"First of all; there was nothing to laugh at. And second of all; you will like it." He said proudly.

"Well, the way you said it Arrabiataaaa-" and I laughed again.

During my laughing session, the door creaked open, and Matteo entered. "What is happening to her?" He asked to no one in particular.

"She finds me saying Arrabbiata funny," Alex told Matteo grumpily.

"Okay. Alle Leo wants you in his office." I nodded after calming myself.

"Where is Toni?" I asked while jumping off the bed and slipping my feet in the slippers.

"With Leo."

"Wait! Where are we? Whose house is this? Where is the office?" I shouted when I saw him leaving the room.

"Oh, we are at our beach house. It's down the hall to the left."

I blinked twice and then thrice. "You are hopeless aren't you?" He sighed.

"Rocco Marco, you both set the game. And Alex and Alessandro, you both bring some snacks. I'll come in 10." Saying that he grabbed my hand and ran out of the room at lightning speed.

Causing me to topple over every non-existent thing. "Slow down, Matteo. I swear to God if I die by toppling over nothing."

"You can't die like that, Bambina."

"I'll die by its embarrassment." He grinned at me and, I stomped my foot over his once we were standing in front of the office room.

He hissed in pain, to which I retorted, "Well deserved."

Knocking on the door, I stepped in. Now, after entering I remembered that they didn't permit me. "Oh sorry." My sorry sounded more like 'sowwy'. Grinning sheepishly I walked away from Leo's deathly glare and out of the office at smirking Matteo.

I knocked again and waited for a 'come in', Which did come after few seconds. I ran inside and close the door shut after stomping my foot on Matteo's.

_______

•|Happy Reading|•

Sorry for the late update. The next update would be pretty long. Promise.

And always remember one thing.

Promises are made to be broken:)))))