Cozy Mornings

Birthday one shot for Xingqiu!!

•••

Xingqiu blinks, slowly regaining consciousness as he feels a lightweight over his chest. The sun had already risen and sunlight was seeping through the curtains which weren't drawn open. He shifted a bit to get more comfortable, only for the other to get up and let go of him.

"Morning, Qiu." Chongyun greets him softly, their voice sounds as if they'd just been woken up. The light blue haired quickly laid back down and wrapped their arm around him again.

"Ah, good morning Yun." Xingqiu lets out a light chuckle. "What's up?"

"A few more minutes..."

"Eh? Not like you to be so clingy." Xingqiu comments.

The other doesn't answer, leaving them in comfortable silence. Chongyun seemed to be out of their pyjamas and instead wearing a black top with short sleeves and long white pants. There's some birds chirping outside which usually was only heard early in the morning so it couldn't be too late in the day. A glance at the clock in their room told him that it was only seven in the morning, however, the bed was already pretty empty.

"Where's the other two?"

"Who knows." Chongyun mumbles, pressing theirself against Xingqiu's side. The navy haired doesn't mind, reaching up to hold his partner's arm at the same time. They stay like that for a while more, Chongyun probably falling asleep. Xingqiu wasn't that tired, he spent his time slowly caressing Chongyun's arm with his thumb.

A long while later, he had turned to the bedside table and reached out to grab the book he had been reading the night before. He was still lying down, his body mostly stuck on the bed thanks to his partner. He reads with his arms outstretched in the air above him, it was tiring sure but at least he was doing something. At times, he'd pause to give his arms a rest before continuing. And he'd also hope that he wouldn't accidentally drop the book on his face while he did so.

A book could keep him occupied for hours unless his thoughts don't distract him first. They weren't necessarily bad thoughts. The one that kept him busy at the moment was more of "why was his partner being so clingy". It wasn't weird really but it wasn't normal. Usually Xingqu would be the clingy one then maybe Razor...well no, Razor wasn't clingy, he'd just want affection even if it was something simple like head pats and stuff. Bennett seemed very touch starved which wasn't exactly a huge issue since all of them would willingly (and voluntarily) spend time with him. Chongyun...sometimes they'd crave affection but today? Is there something on today?

Xingqiu closes the book, knowing full well that he wasn't going to get any more reading done at this point. He lightly tossed the book back onto the table before turning towards Chongyun and closing his eyes. He hears the faint sound of the front door opening before shutting again before Bennett bursts into the room, practically slamming the door open.

"Hey!!...Oh they're sleeping."

"No, I'm awake." Xingqiu replies quickly, gently removing Chongyun's arm off him as he sits up.

"Oh! Good Morning Autumn!" Bennett greets happily. "Is Cloud awake?"

Xingqiu looks over Chongyun, they seem very peaceful. He doesn't exactly have the heart to wake them up. "Guess not." He shuffles out of bed. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

"Alright." Bennett nods. "Razor and I will be in the living room."

"'Kay."

He enters the bathroom right after, shutting the door behind him as he removes his clothes. When he says quick, it really was just a fast one. He's done in less than ten minutes. Too long and he feels a headache come on so he doesn't stick around to experience it. He doesn't wash his hair. With the towel wrapped around his body, he brushes his teeth before leaving the bathroom to grab his clothes from the wardrobe. He notices the bed empty, maybe Chongyun had woken up and left to go outside.

He brings the clothes to the bathroom to change. Not that there was any issue doing it outside in the bedroom itself of course. He wears some shorts and a white top with long sleeves. He hangs his towel back on the towel rack in the bathroom, giving his hair a quick comb before leaving. He leaves his phone in the room, walking out to the living room to see his partners.

Bennett is the first to notice him. The ash blond waving quickly as Xingqiu steps into the room. Razor turns around to look at him. Chongyun however wasn't anywhere to be seen. Xingqiu walks over to the pair who were seated on the couch.

"Heya Star." Bennett smiles.

"Hey." Xingqiu thinks for a bit, unsure of what to say. "Oh yeah, where did you guys go this morning?"

"Huh? We didn't go anywhere."

"Come on, I heard the front door just now."

"You did? Oh well," Bennett sighs, some light laughter followed after, "alright fine, we went to the mall to pick up something."

"Really? Hmm okay then, where's Yun?"

"They're in the kitchen."

"Is it their turn to cook today?"

"Well we don't always have to follow that schedule." Benett laughs awkwardly again. "Anyway, Cloud said he wanted to today."

Xingqiu hums. Something was off, not in a bad way but just...something was different but he couldn't place it. What's the date today? "Hey Benny, can I borrow your phone?"

"Huh? Sure." Bennett reaches for his device which was on the coffee table in front of the couch, passing it to Xingqiu quickly.

The navy haired takes it, ignoring the cracks on the phone as he turned it on. He glanced at the date...before sudden realisation hits him. Oh right...Razor's phone lights up afterwards, the silver haired takes a quick look before standing up. He goes to the kitchen silently, Xingqiu watching.

Bennett takes Xingqiu's wrist gently. "Let's go to the room, I wanna show you something!"

"Huh? Okay then." Xingqiu nods as the former drags him back into the bedroom, before letting go. Xingqiu closes the door and  leaves Bennett's phone on the bed as the other rummages through the drawer. Xingqiu looks over Bennett's shoulder curiously, the ash blond had his hands closed into a fist as he looked back at Xingqiu.

"What is it?" Xingqiu asks, offering a small smile.

"Gimme your hand."

Xingqiu tilts his head slightly, giving bennett his right hand. Bennett takes it quickly, gently sliding a silver ring onto Xingqiu's finger.

Xingqiu's smile fades, although he isn't upset or anything, just surprised. "Eh? Isn't this the one I misplaced yesterday?"

Bennett laughs sheepishly. "I found it under the couch after you fell asleep."

Xingqiu stays silent for a bit before plastering on another smile. "Thanks."

"No problem!"

They hear a knock on the door, Bennett shouts a quick "we're coming" and lets Xingqiu leave the room first. A teasing "after you" to which Xingqiu softly laughs at before he leaves.

The first thing you'd see after leaving the room would be the dining area which Chongyun and Razor stood at. On the table there were some wrapped up gifts and a white coloured cake. The other three had quickly wished him "happy birthday" as he saw the scene. Razor's was kind of like a mumble but that's alright.

"So that's what you guys were up to!" Xingqiu says playfully. He's feeling ecstatic for the most part.

"Do you not like surprises?" Bennett asks, the ash blond walks in front of Xingqiu to face him. His tone is a cheery one.

"No it's not that. It's just..." Xingqiu's voice drifts. He covers his face with his hands in embarrassment.

He hears Chongyun laughing which makes the rest of them too (except Razor). He puts down his hands and actually walks over to the table. "Thank you."