Drizzle

I wanted to write Benzor fluff but I really...everything I write always becomes angst in the end 💀

•••

Bennett cracked open an eye, hearing something loud drop nearby. He hears a loud groan afterwards and slowly sits up, while rubbing his eyes. The place was still dark, some light came from his right which was from the bathroom. He hears the bathroom door open, glancing over, he sees Xingqiu in a simple suit.

"Oh." Is all Xingqiu says before grabbing his glasses off the bedside table. "Sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Mm..." Bennett was mostly admiring Xingqiu, not to say how hot his boyfriend was in one although the latter usually only wore it when it was some important work issue. "It's fine. Want me to come with you?"

"No. You can go back to sleep."

"I'm practically awake now." Bennett replies, already sliding off the bed by then.

"It's just a press conference and some other matters, my brother will pick me up." Xingqiu shakes his head. "Really, it's fine, I can go by myself."

"Alright then..." Bennett sighs in defeat. "What time will you be back though?"

Xingqiu thinks for a while. "Hmm...It's six now...maybe eleven or twelve at most?"

Bennett hums. "Let me know when you're on the way back then. I'll cook lunch."

Xingqiu laughs. "Alright, I'm looking forward to it!" He turns off the bathroom light, drenching the room in darkness before saying a quick goodbye—Bennett opted to kiss him goodbye—and leaving.

The ash blond thinks for a while while standing up before deciding he'd probably spend the morning trying to finish the book he borrowed from Fischl after showering.

————————————

Bennett stares at the food in their fridge. It was eleven but still no text from Xingqiu. He's also forgotten to figure out what exactly to make for lunch. Chongyun had woken up a few hours earlier but Bennett hadn't checked up on what they were doing after the two greeted each other good morning. Razor on the other hand, he hasn't seen his beloved puppy all morning so he assumes Razor simply stayed up all night.

He opens one of the drawers in the freezer to take out some green vegetables, ignoring the carrots which were underneath them and closing the fridge. He leaves the vegetables aside on the kitchen counter before immediately opening the fridge yet again. He closes it again, taking a mental note that they probably should go grocery shopping soon. He takes a glance across the kitchen to see their mostly empty egg carton with exactly two eggs in it and then goes to grab the salmon from the freezer. He leaves the fish next to the vegetables, standing over the two sole ingredients he's selected so far.

He continues to ponder, wanting to check if they had any broccoli and corn while hearing their bedroom door across the house. He assumes it was just Chongyun so he ignores it, walking over to the fridge and opening it for the hundredth time as he likes to exaggerate. He leans forward, digging through the fridge drawer. He soon feels someone walking into the kitchen and stands up straight to face them. He sees Razor who looks as if he just woke up. The latter only stares at him, devoid of emotion, ignoring the strands of hair covering his left eye.

Bennett smiles, quickly closing the drawer and the fridge. "Good mor—eh?"

Bennett freezes as Razor swiftly pulls Bennett into a tight hug without saying anything.

Bennett awkwardly laughs, returning the hug. "What's this all of a sudden?" He soon frowns, not receiving an answer from Razor. "Hey. Something wrong?"

He feels like he hears Razor answer but it's too soft that he may as well be imagining it. He starts patting Razor's back slowly until the other peels himself off Bennett.

Bennett keeps his hands on Razor's shoulders, staring at them, more specifically, their eyes. "You okay?"

Razor swallows, avoiding Bennett's gaze. Bennett hears him mutter something akin to "yes" before Razor raises his voice a little. "...No."

"Want to talk about it?" Bennett offers another smile, he lets go of Razor.

"Bennett..." Razor trails off.

"Hm?"

"Bennett is...real...right?" Razor finally looks at him, desperation evident in his eyes. "Bennett alive...?"

"Yup, right here in the flesh!" Bennett answers. He takes Razor's hands in his. "See? You can feel me, can't you?"

"M...mn..." Razor nods slowly.

"Let's cook lunch together." Bennett suggests. "Making beef and salmon, you can help me."

"Ah...Okay..."