143 (Part 2)

Bennett blinked, feeling the grip on his hand tightening. The ash blond shifted slightly, feeling his partner breathing erratically.

"Mm, you good?"

Chongyun let out a small groan. "I think so."

"Want to talk about it?"

Chongyun didn't answer, eyes glancing at the unmoving figure across the room. Bennett gently pressed Chongyun closer to his chest with a small smile plastered on his face. "Could you follow my breathing?"

"Mm.."

"Everything's alright. You're going to be okay."

They stayed like that for a while before Chongyun tried to push themselves off Bennett.

"Are you feeling better?"

Chongyun nodded, closing their eyes for a few seconds. "Sorry, everything's just been so..."

Bennett shakes his head. "Don't apologise. Do you want to go out for a walk?"

"I want to stay here."

"Alright. Do you want to talk about something?"

"I don't know." Chongyun sighed, moving and lying down on the couch while using Bennett's lap as a pillow.

"That's okay!" Bennett combed their hair with his fingers.

"It's just...I feel confused." They admitted, covering their face with their hands. "Did we do something wrong?"

"I don't think so." He answered. "After all, Autumn always reminded us that he loved us right until the end."

"Then...ugh." Chongyun paused, their hands now wiping away the first few tears that dared to flow, "why didn't we notice it sooner?"

Bennett stopped combing their hair, instead taking their hands into his. "Well...now we can think about how to support him instead."

"I suppose so."

Bennett used his thumb to wipe the tears away from his partner's face before pressing a kiss onto their forehead. "Don't worry. We'll get through this together."

"I know." They closed their eyes. "Thank you."

It was about five in the morning so Bennett obviously thought about going back to sleep if not for the fact he could make out quiet mumblings coming from across the room. He'd assume it was just his mind playing tricks on him but he could make out Razor's dim form moving and slowly getting up while his voice getting louder.

Chongyun seemed to have also heard Razor and they quickly stood up, stumbling a little. Bennett had followed suit except he was more concerned about Chongyun falling down than actually getting up himself.

The faintest mumbling from Xingqiu could be heard as the pair walked to their boyfriend's bedside. Razor kept his hands on Xingqiu's as the silver haired focused on him.

"Where...?" Xingqiu asked while sitting up with the help of Razor. He still seemed a little dazed, glancing around the dim room and away from Razor before noticing the other two. "Is everyone here?"

"Mn. How is Xingqiu?" Razor asked.

"Ah...um..." Xingqiu forced a smile and laughed a little before using his free hand to rub his eyes.

Bennett cracked a nervous smile. "Haha...sorry, did we miss a joke?"

"Yeah, it's sitting right in front of you and you're not laughing." Xingqiu answered with the straightest face he could muster, any prior emotions expressed totally gone.