promise.

tw : implied su!cide attempt (not exactly mentioned but thought i should put it here)

mild hurt/comfort, bennett unfortunately does not appear :,)

•••

"The stars are really pretty tonight, aren't they, Razor?" Xingqiu looked away from the sky and glanced at his partner. Razor only nodded, his gaze fixated on the night sky. Xingqiu had been reading earlier, losing track of the time and reading until about two in the morning. That's also when Razor woke up and the two decided to go right outside the house to go stargazing. It wasn't odd for Razor to suddenly wake up in the middle of the night and leave the room to enjoy the night sky but Xingqiu figured that he may as well accompany his boyfriend. He wasn't tired, after all.

Xingqiu smiled to himself, turning back to the dark blue blanket above them. The stars seemed to shine brighter that night, or maybe it's because he usually never paid attention. He had little interest in these kinds of things but not "no interest". He's met Mona before and at least they managed to keep the conversation going when they met. It was quite a while ago though, Bennett and Fischl were showing him around Mondstadt while Chongyun was in Wolvendom with Razor.

The pair was seated on a little bench they had placed outside their home. Of course, they could always go use the benches at Dawn Winery and Diluc honestly doesn't mind but it was nicer to stay closer to home at night. Xingqiu was holding Razor's left hand in his right. The hydro user's left hand was used to seemingly grab the air above him towards the sky, one eye closed, he focused on a particular star. Xingqiu lowered his hand, hearing some movement from the wolf lover next to him. It wasn't much though, mostly just shifting to get comfortable. Xingqiu shifted as well, leaning against Razor's shoulder and staring ahead.

"Is Xingqiu tired?"

Xingqiu closed his eyes for a bit. "No. Just a little bored." He lifted himself up. "Do you want to go for a little stroll?"

"If Xingqiu wants to, Razor doesn't mind."

"Just one round." Xingqiu assures as he stands up. He offers a hand to Razor to which the electro user accepts. The two begin walking hand in hand. Little is said between them but the silence is comfortable. Xingqiu is unsure of the time but it doesn't matter.

•••

The sky felt so bright today if Xingqiu were to be honest. They had just about walked a whole round around the winery, occasionally stopping and taking a tiny break. Upon returning, a familiar figure soon came into sight before it rushed over to them.

"Huh? Isn't that Yun?" Xingqiu asked, to which Razor shrugs. Xingqiu raised his empty hand to wave as Chongyun approached before quickly being embraced tightly by the cryo user. The hydro user was confused for a second—Razor letting go of his hand—before he hugs back. Chongyun had their head buried at the side of his neck with some muffled sobs escaping from them. They stay like that for a few minutes, Xingqiu giving Chongyun some assurance until the latter lets go.

"Shall we go back home now?" Xingqiu asked, not letting go of Chongyun's hands.

Chongyun only nods, Xingqiu turning over to Razor. "How about you? Staying out here?"

"Razor will return in a bit."

"Alright then, stay safe." Xingqiu nods, bringing Chongyun back into the house. Xingqiu leads his partner to the couch after they return, their hands still intertwined. The navy haired reached over to Chongyun's face with his other hand, quickly wiping the remaining tears away. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

"I know." Chongyun mumbled, it almost goes unheard with how soft it was, it sounded a little uncertain too but Xingqiu can't blame them.

"Sorry, I guess all this was my fault." Xingqiu apologised, just like how he's always done. He still keeps a smile as if everything is okay. "I'm sure you still think about it often, maybe like what if...you were too late. But hey, I'm still here thanks to you and I'm staying, that I promise you."

Chongyun nodded again, they still looked a bit distraught.

"Let's go back to bed. I'll be with you till morning. Promise."

"Alright."