Shelter

Mild mentions of blood and implied stabbing. Not graphic.
chongzor focus

this was one of the first xyrn fics i started a long time ago but i only finished it this year so the writing style probably changed slightly.

•••

Razor looked around the poorly lit room. It was hard to see through the darkness and little fog. He was still a little dazed as his vision cleared. Blinking, he took a glance at his surroundings before hearing a loud 'bang'. He tensed up, seeing the large object which landed next to him. It seemed like a table or something. Getting ahold of his senses, he quickly stood up and tried to make sense of the situation.

Where are the others? He then realised that he was alone, wasn't I with the others a few minutes ago? Razor attempted to recollect his memories but to no avail. While doing so, there was suddenly a loud growl and he came face to face with a black shadowy creature. It looked distorted and very disturbing. What? He didn't have enough time to think before the monster came charging at him.

And before he knew it, he was on the run. His mind was a mess, what was his goal? Well, to get away, that's for sure. He felt like he ran for hours, jumping around the place to the point it felt like he was flying. He wasn't sure where to go either, simply leaving it up to wherever his body took him. He ran up some flight of stairs, the place suddenly brighter. He couldn't remember when the lights turned on. He felt himself stop, breathing in deeply as he took in his surroundings. The monster, or whatever that was, was no longer on his back. Did he lose it for good? The place seemed akin to a clothes shop in a mall.

He heard a noise.

He knew it was too good to be true. Where was he even supposed to go now? He spun around, not even feeling himself move. One moment he was still, the next he had jumped out the window. He was hit by snow falling from the sky. Hypothetically, he'd be freezing...if this was real life. He fell into the waterbody underneath, quickly trying to scramble to land and hide. He knew it was a dream. It was just a dream. How could he wake up?

He found a wall to hide behind, at the same time, spotting the beast come out the same way he had. Holding his breath, he watched the entity look around, nearly missing him entirely.

But this is a dream.

And dreams were never nice.

Razor ran as the monster leaped for him. Merely jumping out of its grasp. He ran. At this point he could fly, just about floating across the waterbody to the other side. It's not like it was a huge ocean. It was just some water separating another piece of land that was very much visible. On the piece of land sat a few people. They sat around a fire in the middle of the snowstorm. The beast behind him no doubt followed him and the whole place got thrown into chaos quicker than Razor could process.

Suddenly everyone had swords, blood was shed and everyone was against each other. At first it seemed as if they were trying to attack the monster. Until Razor fell on his back, a sword pointed at his face. He tried to open his mouth, he wanted to scream, tell them that they were pointing their sword wrong but no words came out.

He doesn't remember when the blade pierced into his skin.

————————————

Razor's eyes shot open, his breathing irregular. He sat up, placing a hand on his chest. He calmed down a little but the fear was still there. What time was it? He glanced around the room. Sunlight shone through the curtains which were closed.  Taking in a deep breath, he grabbed his pillow and slid off the bed, hugging the pillow for comfort. Upon leaving the room, he looked around rather frantically, desperately wishing companionship. The house was dead silent which was making things worse. He turned to return to the room, almost missing the light blue hair near the window.

He walked over, trying to keep his steps quiet. Chongyun looked very still and peaceful, Razor felt bad interrupting the other's meditation. Razor simply stood behind Chongyun who was facing the window. The wolf lover thought about it, squeezing his eyes shut while hugging the pillow tighter. He was just being overdramatic. It's just a silly dream after all. He frowned, thinking about walking away. 

"Hm? Razor?"

Razor flinched, opening his eyes and seeing Chongyun stand up quickly.

"How long have you been here? Are you okay?" Chongyun tilted their head.

Razor stared past Chongyun, unsure of how to reply.

"Can I touch you?"

Razor shifted his gaze back to Chongyun's face, his partner's expression soft. Giving a tiny nod, Chongyun carefully pried the pillow from Razor's grasps to which the latter allowed rather easily. Gently tossing the pillow onto the couch next to them, Chongyun pulled the other into a hug, Razor burying his face in their neck. He felt himself relaxing, feeling Chongyun rub his back with one hand and playing with his hair with the other. They separate after a few minutes although Razor would have liked to stay longer, Chongyun holds onto his hands, rubbing the back of his hand with their thumb.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Their voice was gentle, eyes glazed with concern while waiting patiently for Razor to answer.

Razor swallowed. "Just a nightmare..."

"What happened? It's fine if you don't wish to explain."

Razor opened his mouth, breathing hitched before closing it again, shaking his head.

Chongyun offered a smile. "It's okay. Want some water? I'll get a glass for you."

"Ah..." Razor tensed up, grabbing Chongyun's wrist tightly.

Chongyun's smile disappeared for a second before nodding understandingly. "Let's go to the kitchen together then."

Razor's heart lifted, loosening his hold on their wrist and nodding quickly as Chongyun led him to the kitchen. He'd apologise to Chongyun about disturbing them later although he could already somewhat imagine their response. For now, he'd relish in the comfort he got from being with his partner.