Chapter One

Astonishing. That was what it was. Kaminari made it. He made it out of that hell hole. He did it. He was going to be a hero. He made it to UA. U fucking A. Younger him would be so proud right now, from a top assassin to a hero in training. From a mindless zombie that was under the control of his parents to a person with freedom and choices. He was making progress, a step closer to his goal of becoming a hero. Kaminari was making a name for himself. A truthful one that he gets to control and decide for himself. One without his lowlife parents breathing down his neck. One without them standing by his door holding hot chains that burned onto his skin throughout the night or the whips that they used when he didn't do the task to their standards. Becoming a hero was not something that his lowlife parents or their associates wanted him to do or allowed him to practice. But they sure as hell made him go down this path and influenced him to live a better life. This was something that he's going to have full control over. Something that said that this was him and the real him. This was a chance for him to start over, to turn a new leaf. UA didn't need to know that he was an ex-assassin that was brought up in a villainous environment which resulted in over a couple of hundreds of people's misfortune and that he has no idea on how to be normal. They just needed to know that he was planning on being a hero. And he will be a hero. To those that are being forced to go down a similar road to his own and to those that felt like giving up. He wanted to make a difference to those that are trapped, those that are crying inside, those that are secretly breaking, and those that were wronged by society. He was going to do it and prove to everyone once and for all what he's capable of doing and he will be doing this as Kaminari Denki, not as the assassin that he once was.

Bloody hell. Being on the run and escaping was way too easy if you ask Kaminari, especially with parents that are highly evil and deranged as his. It wasn't right at all, something was deeply wrong but maybe just maybe the world decided that it's finally time for Kaminari to get some happiness, to get a break, to reward him for the hardship that he had to do and suffer in his childhood. Maybe this was the way the world was telling him that he could take a moment to breathe and made it easy for him. But that was a goddamn lie. A hoax. An illusion if you would call it that and Kaminari should have known better. The world's a liar, it led Kaminari to a possibility. Gave him the knowledge that things would be better on the outside but the world decided it would be best to not tell him that he would have to do everything on his own. Don't get him wrong, Kaminari could take care of himself, he was a quick learner but how was he supposed to do anything with nothing? He was homeless, had no food, a couple of items that included a phone, clothes, a gun, and a couple of hundred yen that was enough to get by for at least 6 months or 8 months if he really stretched it out. Who knew that adapting to normal life was going to be difficult, really difficult. Respect to the refugees who come to a country with nothing but hope for a better life. Changing your entire lifestyle just to fit in with the norms and values of the society that you want to live in, in this case for Kaminari being a hero was what he wanted to achieve. In a way, some would say that Kaminari was an addict. An addict to his previous lifestyle. Which he low-key was missing probably due to the adrenaline and excitement that came with a job. The surviving and wondering if he was going to get caught or worse, fail and be caught by whoever caught him. God knows what the captor will do to him. It could have been the cat and mouse with the prey, the ability to play with a person's life was oh so thrilling. It brought along this sense of power no wonder his parents raised and treated him that way. The power was exhilarating. The emotions that the victim had plastered on their face when they knew that it was game over. Kaminari missed it so much. This was something that he so desperately needed to survive, to function properly and adequately. He needed his fix which led to Kaminari every once in a while finding himself slipping and taking another job and honestly who could blame him. Rome wasn't built in a day and this was going to take a lot of time to quit. Kaminari was going to have to unlearn everything that he was taught along with new norms and values he will need. This was going to be a challenge and Kaminari needed a challenge.