𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬.

i'm back baby >:)

i'm back baby >:)

just letting y'all know, i haven't been writing in ages, so it might be vv rusty, so bare with me haha. ALSO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO 'MAGNOLIA' AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT WHERE IT IS TODAY! with magnolia's anniversary, PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR THE PSA AT THE END :))

IT'S ETHAN'S TURN AND I WANT ANGST-

(also, carrie's in this, so that vv bueno- )

tw: swearing, mentions of death and accidents, sad bb boy hours. please let me know if i missed any!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲...
𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗻𝗮𝗸𝗮𝗺𝘂𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

Last night was supposedly the best night of the entire school year, which was what Ethan had heard echoing through the halls as he made his way to his AP English class. It was the same redundancy that followed the students of Los Feliz High School. Whether it be about Carrie Wilson's killer party after the dance, Julie Molina's peaking confidence in her art of performing, or the strange holographic figure that had accompanied said girl that night. She was, supposedly, from Sweden, just like the three unknown boys he had heard about during the prep rally.

He didn't go to both events, the popping beat of Dirty Candy's music forcing an overwhelming headache to form at his temples. Though, if he were to think about it, he would've gotten used to it by now by his older sister's "secret" infatuation with girly pop music. She would try to threaten him by exposing his Hamilton playlist, but would fail as Ethan would cheesily mimic his sister's dance moves. Magnolia would always flick him off with a Cheshire grin.

As the boy was occupied by his thoughts, he couldn't help but let his lip twitch at the thought of his older sister. He could only barely feel the ghost of her fingers ruffling his unkempt hair with a tease of a smile at the crack of his stoic expressions.

The lack of warmth left him cold, sealing away those stolen moments and cracks with the ice only she could leave behind. He felt alone. So alone in a world full of people.

Ethan Nakamura tried to null out the noise by turning down the dial on his hearing aids before shoving his hands casually into his hoodie jacket. He lived with the silence, the void that Magnolia had left behind since her accident, her body alive and her soul swept away. He wondered if she was around some days, vaguely feeling a presence that was similar to hers.

He wondered if Magnolia saw how kept away he was, how he was no longer the little brother she'd tease with every visit. The same little brother she'd take to retro cafes and midnight strolls when their lives were just... too much. Ethan wondered if she saw their mother, watched as she'd attempt to put back the pieces of a once so-called "perfect" family.