𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Both Luke and Magnolia had been wandering around Beverly Hills before the break of dawn, the hues of blues and yellows that swirled the morning sky had barely peaked by then. The pair had left the Nakamura household after Magnolia's mother and brother headed off to bed, no longer seeing why they should stay longer if their living company had already hit the hay.

Magnolia knew her mother was a busy woman, quickly making a move to close and charge her laptop before taking a lap around Beverly Hills with Luke by her side. The city was quieter at night, less cars around the areas whilst the lights the shopping centres came to life, the atmosphere feeling more homey than a city housing the rich and famous. Luke cracked jokes, wanting to lighten up her mood before they bothered to teleport back to Los Feliz, back into Julie's garage and pretend everything was back to normal.

Magnolia giggled at the brunet's horror movie references, passing a quaint little bookstore by the name of Cerberus Books, a multiracial man and a jolly, blonde woman behind the glass dusting shelves and ordering comic books on different shelves. Luke was walking in front of her, walking backwards with a massive smile on his face, explaining the number of horror movies plots to her. He didn't want to spoil them, just in case she wanted to watch them, but may or may not have let a few plot twists slip.

The pair didn't mind the number of living people phased right through them, the constant reminder of being ghosts unfazed them. They seemed more concentrated on enjoying each other's presence, and Magnolia trying to keep up with the guitarist's movie fascination, and how he managed to sneak into a few whilst he was alive.

At some point, Luke was holding onto the Japanese girl's hand as she balanced herself on a concrete beaming fence. She didn't wobble off, which was a relief, but walked on it with elegance and grace. It was Magnolia's turn to talk, telling him about the twenty-first century's horror movies. Her personal favourites from 2019 would be IT Chapter Two or In the Tall Grass, movies she's seen with her head tucked underneath a blanket during a few moments.