𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 : 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

this chapter lightly mentions blood, viewer discretion is advised :)

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Bunking in a garage with three teenage boys wasn't as fun as it sounded last night. 

Sure, they were angels the first few hours of the night. The band of ghosts and Magnolia had gotten to know each other a lot better after Julie had left, simply finding joy in each other with lighthearted banter. They had grown closer that night, the Japanese girl seemingly fitting in easily with their tight-knit group, bonding with Alex, Reggie and Luke over different things.

Magnolia's and Alex's shared sarcasm, Reggie's and hers bond of humour as Magnolia and Luke shared the same "vibe," as Reggie liked to put it. Everything seemed to click into place, making the first few hours of the night make up for eight months--to twenty-five years--of isolation and lack of interaction.

It wasn't until they, as a collective group, had decided to make sense of their sleeping pattern, or rather, resting periods. The four drew sticks, later started a game of rock-paper-scissors on who was sleeping where. Last place in the recliner, third and second place winner on Luke's couch and the grand winner in the loft. There wasn't much they could do anyway, sleep seemingly nonexistent to the spirit world and the sun hadn't even risen from behind Hollywood Hills.

Of course, out of majority votes and sad little pouts, Magnolia won the loft with Alex as her voucher. The blond drummer explained to the two other boys that, and quote, "girls need their space, she can't be sandwiched between you two on the couch, or the recliner." Luke and Reggie agreed, both Luke and Alex taking the couch as Reggie took the recliner. They switched throughout the night, but that wasn't the problem.

The problem was that Reggie snored, loud.

Alex and Luke didn't mind, but Magnolia tried not to seem as irritated, throwing a few pillows from the loft at Reggie. The bassist didn't even flinch upon impact, hugging the pillow to his chest. From where she slept, she could hear Luke laughing at her attempts to quiet down his snores.