𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 : 𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐨

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝗹𝘂𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

Maggie and Alex had been gone for at least three hours.

That left both Reggie and Luke to their own devices, which always meant trouble. When Sunset Curve was still alive, it was practically an unspoken rule to never leave Luke and Reggie alone together. They were misfits, mischievous flirts that raised havoc all over the streets of Sunset Boulevard. Nobody would be surprised to find either boys in places they shouldn't be.

Exhibit A: Julie's room.

The Puerto Rican girl had already caught both boys red-handed the moment school had ended, heading straight for her mother's studio. Luke--who was terrible at both excuses and lying--had fessed up to what they were up to, borrowing a poem from Julie's box of sadness to turn into a song. His interest was peaked that moment the first poem he had fished out had a pretty good chorus, some words a lot more soul-spoken than the rest.

Of course, Julie was beyond upset. With the two boys--and the brain cells of the ghost band missing--snooping through her things after explicitly telling both of them it was off-limits and the thin thread her friendship with Flynn was hanging on, the amount of stress that was put onto her mortal body was absolutely unbearable. Why couldn't things just work out for once?

Julie made the mistake of leaving them once more, giving both boys enough time to finish making a song from her private poem about Flynn. The brunet scribbled things down on the sheet of paper, adding to Julie's lyrics just as Alex came back onto the scene. He seemed a lot more relaxed than he did leaving, which brought both Reggie and Luke relief.

"This is, like, our second chance. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us." Luke reasoned, his hazel-eyes flickering back and forth from his song book and the scrap piece of paper Julie had written her feelings on. Both himself and Reggie were across from each other, one taking each side of the piano. Alex was between them, leaning on the grand piano with his forearms. "Maybe Magnolia, she didn't seem too into the idea when I brought it up."