14 - On your knees

By the time I finish supervising that everything had been done and properly, no one is left in the manor

By the time I finish supervising that everything had been done and properly, no one is left in the manor. Not that I can see or hear.

And by the time in the watch, marking half-past ten in the evening, it's no wonder.

It's late and I am tired.

I am not sure if the Duke expects me tonight again but after last night and the busy day I just had, I don't have the strength for more.

As much as my gut keeps begging me to.

So, I wrap up my last tasks and head for my bedroom, hoping for a good night of sleep. Except, when I am just about to close the door, something prevents it from shutting.

A foot stands between the door and the frame, and soon, the door is being opened, making me stumble back slightly.

"Sweet Camilla," Vincent's husky voice chills my bones at the same time it warms my skin. "And here I thought you'd be meeting me upstairs."

"Y-your Grace, you hadn't said that you wanted me to-"

"Let's make one thing clear then," the Duke closes the door behind him and locks it right away before taking a step in my direction. "I'd have you in my bed every single night if that were possible."

The pad of his index traces my cheek, following towards my jaw and going down toward my collarbone. The act leaves a strong trail of goosebumps behind and I can't help but gulp while his hungry eyes take me in.

I am dishevelled, tired, with huge bags underneath my eyes and yet this man can still look at me like he's starved.

What does he see in me?

"But we agreed on-"

"I know what he agreed on," he cuts me off again, coming one step closer. "That doesn't mean I can't want you as much and as often as I do. Now be a good girl and turn around so I can unzip this skirt."

"Your Grace," I gasp at his crudeness. "I spent the entire day working and I barely slept last night, I-" I stop momentarily at the sight of his cocky smirk.

"I had expected you to wake up to a spent woman right next to me. What happened?" His strong hand grabs my hip and pulls me roughly towards him, bringing us chest to chest.

"I am sure Your Grace wouldn't want other employees to see the housekeeper leave your bedroom in the morning with the same crumpled clothes from the previous day." I cock an eyebrow and his face softens in a moment of sobriety.

"You're right, but still, next time let me know before you leave." His breath hits me as his face comes closer to mine. "Now, do as I told you to, and turn around."

"Can we continue this to-tomorrow?" I stutter.

My body is yelling at me, asking for the release that it craves while my brain is demanding some sleep.