13 - Brotherly

Never in my life had I thought I would have to sneak out and do the walk of shame after having important someone

Never in my life had I thought I would have to sneak out and do the walk of shame after having important someone. Yet, here I am, tiptoeing around this old and creaky manor, hoping no one has stayed behind.

This was the best sex I've ever had in my life and that man has horse stamina for sure. It was an extreme challenge to stay awake and after we stopped in round...

I lost count.

The thing is, it wasn't even two minutes later when the Duke started to snore softly and tried to snuggle into me. Pretty surprising for someone who was adamant that couldn't offer me more than just sex.

But dear God, that man wore me down.

So much so that the moment I get to the bedroom the only thing I can do is fall on the bed and fall asleep. The last thing I feel is Primrose's warmth pressing onto my belly as I lul into a deep sleep up until the irritating alarm clock brings me back to reality.

I am going over the menu for the next week with Mariah when the butler announces the arrival of the Duke's younger brother.

"Prepare some biscuits, two pieces of that dessert I did earlier and do the Assam Tea today," I ask her. "I'll come back to tell you where to serve them, alright?"

She nods and turns to the cupboard, starting the task I just gave her while I head to the main visit room, where Edgar Hawthorne is already in, standing.

"Your Grace," I greet.

"Camilla, how lovely to see you."

"You're very kind, Your Grace," I smile shyly. "Do you want me to call your brother? He should be up by now, I think."

"I can wait," he gives me a dashing smile and I can't help but blush. "Why don't you keep me some company while we wait for him?"

"Uh," I stutter. "I had Mariah prepare something to serve you both I need to find him and see where she should -"

"Sweetheart isn't this where visits are received? Let her serve it here." He sits down on the velvet royal blue couch in the room. "Now sit here next to me and let me know more about you."

"I don't-"

"Nonsense, my brother will probably take a long time. Now," he tugs at my hand, making me sit down next to him. "How has it been working for him? is he a real pain in the ass to you like he was to me?"

You wouldn't say this man is nobility and raised to hold a specific standard of etiquette with the way he's talking to me like we're "old buddies".

"It's been surprising," I start.

"How so?"

"He's given me a lot of autonomy and is fine with letting me run things as they were before, mostly."

"Is that so? Intriguing, since my brother has always wanted things done his way."

"And he does," I confirm.