ᑎOT TᕼIՏ TIᗰᗴ! - IᑎKᗰᗩՏTᗴᖇ27

It had been years since the Fourth Shinobi World War and the times back in Konohagakure have settled down peacefully. If one were to reflect upon the years passed, there would be so much to remember, they'd most likely find themselves lost in their own thoughts. Nevertheless, those who do remember and can recall the details quite vividly, have the chance to cherish those memories and experiences for years to come. At the moment, now was one of those times to lose yourself in your thoughts… your memories… the past.

Familiar hands suddenly came slipping past her hair, and over her shoulders, a face lowering towards hers from over her shoulder as soft lips sweetly kissed her on the cheek. The young woman turned towards the newcomer as she gave him a soft smile and held onto one of his hands grasping her shoulders with her own.

"…You're back home early today."

Her lover walked around from behind her and pulled out a seat next to her by the dining table, his hand still holding onto hers.

"Yeah, the lazy bum back at the office insisted that I turned in early for the day, said something about taking care all of the paperwork for the rest of the week…"

The blonde ran his free hand through his hair, hair that she recalled used to be longer in his younger years…

"So what were you up to? I walk in and I see you staring off into space at the dinner table."

The young man before her leans his face into an open palm, grinning at her sweetly as his other hand squeezes her own, reminding her that he was still there beside her. She smiles at him as she uses her other hand to tuck her long hair behind her ear as she replies in embarrassment, "Oh I was just… thinking about the past."

He stares at her for a moment longer before slowly pulling her closer and kisses her gently in blissful silence. When he finally pulled away, he rested his forehead against his wife's and smiled into her curious eyes as she quietly asked, "What was that for…?"
"Hinata…"

The young Hokage holds her hands in his as he closes his eyes for a prolonged moment, cherishing the hands that held his and the special smile she reserved for his eyes only. He loved her so much, and even after all these years, he still found it difficult to express his love into words.

"…We've all gone through so much in the past, and as time passes by, it seems so surreal at how everything fell into place."

He raises a hand to her face, running his fingers through her silky hair as he kisses the strands at his fingertips, causing Hinata to blush at his touch as he smiles back at her.

"Even though bad things happened in the past… I just hope that my future with you and everybody else around us… I hope life gets better from here on out."
Hinata returns the smile as she folds her hands over her husband's, leaning forward to kiss him on the cheek as she answers, "Naruto… you earned your future. You went through so many hardships and sufferings to find your place in life. Now look at you Naruto; you're the 7th Hokage. You got married to me, and we have two beautiful children. Sasuke has reverted back into a steady friendship with you and all our other friends in the village keep in touch. Life doesn't have to get better for us Naruto; we just need to stay together and be happy with what we have, who we're with and what we have and have yet to achieve."

Naruto smiles at her words and quickly catches her in another kiss, grinning against her lips as he states, "I love it when you say things like that."