ᗷOᖇᑌTO'Տ ᗷIᖇTᕼ - ᗴᗴᑭᑭՏ96

"Good night, Naruto-kun..." Hinata said before drifting off to sleep. Naruto's head was lying on his wife's shoulder, and one arm was caressing her very big tummy. Typically Hinata was on her side cuddled up to him while Naruto was on his back, but the third person with them wasn't making that possible anymore.

"Will it keep you up if I talk to him for a bit?" Naruto asked before she fell fully asleep.

"Nooooo..." She said with a yawn. Naruto smiled at her and then looked down at her tummy. He made sure to keep his words below a whisper so his sleepy wife could rest.

"Listen here Bolt, any day now you get to join the family... like for real, I get to actually hold you in my arms. You are going to be the most spoiled kid in the village. We already have your room set up, stuffed animals for you, everything you could imagine we've already got. You have a super awesome and powerful dad and a crazy hot and beautiful mom, so you're parents are the best you can get." He heard Hinata let out a laugh between her drowsiness.

"And you're going to be a super awesome ninja just like us! ...unless you don't want to be a ninja, that's fine too! Whatever you want to be." He said, changing his hand position on his wife's pregnant stomach. He was about to continue when he felt a kick attack his hand.

"Okay I get it; you want to be a ninja! You're already so strong too!" He said, completely in amazement that he was going to be holding this kid in less than a week, maybe even less than that.

Maybe a lot less.

He felt Hinata's body tense up. He looked at her face and saw that her eyebrows were furrowed like if she was in pain, but the rest of her face looked completely relaxed.

"Hina, are you okay?" Naruto asked her, lifting him off of her.

"Yeah- just a back spasm." She said while her body loosened up again. Naruto nodded his head in agreement with her while he put his head back down. He felt Hinata's breathing return to its normal pace when she's asleep, but Naruto decided to stay up a bit more, just in case.

Sure enough, a few minutes later Hinata's body tensed up again.

"Hinata I don't think that these are back spasms." Naruto said concerned.

"No, no the definitely are not. These are probably... probably contractions." Hinata said through her teeth.

"Like 'baby is coming' contractions?" Naruto asked, positioning himself to get out of bed at her command.

Hinata nodded, and Naruto was up.

Naruto had been mentally preparing for this. He made sure to help Hinata into clothes she was comfortable with, turning everything off in the house, and grabbing the bag they had prepared next to the door, slinging it onto his back.

He was calm, he was cool, and he was collected.

"Alright Hinata, are you ready?" Naruto asked her.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." She said, almost waddling towards him.

The walked outside the house, making sure it was locked. Then Naruto picked her up bridal style, making his way to the hospital.

It wasn't unusual for the citizens of Konoha to see Naruto carrying his wife. Ever since she was about seven months in he didn't want her walking long distances, since it hurt her back and her feet. If it was more than two blocks, she was being carried. Anyone that saw them right now wouldn't think anything more than he was just taking her for some fresh air.