ᗰY ᑎᗩᗰᗴ Oᑎ YOᑌᖇ ᒪIᑭՏ - KᗩTᗩᖇIᑎᗩ-ᕼIᗰᗴ

•Papa•

Naruto had been right, Hinata was an amazing mom right away. She knew all the reasons Boruto cried, long before Naruto could figure them out.

She knew immediately when he was hungry, and she had basically mastered nursing after just a handful of tries. Which apparently was pretty hard (Naruto was only going off of what the midwife and Sakura told he, he had no fucking clue). It was almost like babies didn't even want to nurse! Boruto fussed, head rooting around, trying to find her nipple to latch to, but his eyes close, faced scrunched, lazily crying. The midwife had told her to express a tiny bit of milk and put it on his lips to make his mouth open wider and then she was like supposed to just smash her boob in. Right? Something like that.

Naruto also thought this was ludicrous. Why did it take so much convincing to get baby Boruto to nurse?

"Are you sure he's a boy?" Naruto asked, right before her and Boruto had really got it, the baby still fussing round, bobbing his head up and down on her chest, smashing his face anywhere he thought her nipple might be.

Her attention left Boruto momentarily, looking at Naruto with confusion. "Naruto-kun, you've changed his diapers." She reminded him gently.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just saying, nobody had to convince me this hard to do that."

Her face was bright red instantly, embarrassed in front of absolutely no one. Just him and Hinata, and he guessed, Boruto now. In his little studio apartment. Nothing but a sink, a stove, a little box TV, a coffee table and now a queen size bed. Him and his little family in his little house. He was still meticulously saving. His family deserved the best, and right now, he wasn't giving it to them.

As much as he wanted to. As much as he loved them.

He cuddled up close to Hinata on their bed, his arm wrapping around her, leaning his head on her shoulder, watching her try and latch their son with seemingly endless patience.

"Babies aren't born knowing how to nurse. We have to teach them." Her cheeks were still flushed pink.

He blew a raspberry. He had probably never nursed once in his life. Only bottles from whoever Lord Third paid to feed him. But he was an expert, if he did say so himself. Hinata seemed like it too, at least, before Boruto came and stole her boobs from him. Now they were strictly off limits.

"Maybe Boruto needs a demonstration. I'm great at that. Teaching by example and all."

"Silly Papa." Hinata bent down, rubbing her nose on Boruto's whiskered cheek.

Papa.

Naruto never thought in a million years that anyone would call him Papa.

The first time Hinata did it, was when he got home from work, his first day back after Hinata had the baby. He had stepped through the doors, announcing his arrival, bending down to take off his boots.

"Look, Boruto-kun. Papa's home." He had almost fell right over.

Him? A Papa?

Hinata definitely didn't call her own grumpy ass dad 'Papa', that was for sure. No, Papa was just for him.

He hoped he was a good one.

Watching Hinata try and reposition the little blonde boy for the umpteenth time, Naruto flopped back onto the bed, bouncing for a moment.

"Maybe he's gay."

"Naruto-kun, he's a baby."

Boruto did get the hang of it. Hinata's life suddenly just becoming a nursing machine, and trying to cram in everything else in between sessions. Cooking, cleaning, sleeping, taking a shower, eating, everything had to be side lined for when Boruto needed to nurse.