ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Expectant Father •

Uzumaki Hinata somehow knew that her husband would enthusiastically react to the news of having their first baby.

"N-naruto-kun?" Pale lavender eyes widened at the sight. Hinata stared as her husband turned to her with his face covered on paint. Kiba was beside her, just as shocked.

"What do you think?" Naruto asked as he gestured the new nursery room.

The room was covered in fresh bright yellow paint and to be honest, it was blinding Hinata.

Kiba spoke first. "What the hell, Naruto?! This is too bright! You're kid is gonna hate this!"

Although Hinata agreed to the 'too bright' part, one look at her husband's pouting face and she was lost. "Maybe a little bit of purple can make up for it?" she suggested then shook her head at the smug look of her husband's triumph versus the snarl of her dear teammate.

Checking the time, Hinata dialed her husband's number to remind him that they still had to shop for baby stuff. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hinata?!" Naruto exclaimed before you can even say hi. "You're water broke, didn't it? Oh gawd, where are you? I'll come get you and then we'll ask for the old hag to examine-"

"Naruto-kun, relax," Hinata smiled at her husband's silliness. She found it endearing how he was getting more antsy the more she got closer to her due date.

"Here, dear wife," Naruto said as he laid down the dinner he prepared. Hinata was proud he was beginning to learn to cook something aside from ramen.

The woman's brows knitted together as she observed their plates. Her share was evidently larger than the one in front of her husband.

She gently pushed the plate towards Naruto. "I think this is yours, Naruto-kun."

Naruto perked up then smiled. "Oh no, Hinata. That's for you and the baby."

The indigo-haired woman pouted. "I'm grateful for your concern, dear husband but that 'eat-for-two' thing is a myth so please stop shoving extra food on my plate."

Naruto could only blink as his wife switched their plates.

The couple went out and Hinata wondered if her husband would once again do what she expected him to do.

He didn't fail her.

"Naruto-kun."

With a smile on his face and a newly purchased Gamakichi plushie on his hand, he turned to his wife and paused when she stood there with her hands on her waist.

"What is our child going to do with twenty-five stuffed frogs?"

Naruto turned his attention to the plushie in hand then back to his wife. "Really? That many already?"

"Every time we go out you always buy a new one."

"And you were keeping count?" he asked in a teasing tone.

Hinata laughed as she wound her arms through Naruto's. "Apparently, I was."

"Sorry," Naruto said as he smiled sheepishly. "I guess I'm just too excited."

Hinata smiled. "I know and I don't really mind," she answered as they walked back home. "It's reassuring to know how much you want this."

Uzumaki Hinata somehow knew that her husband would enthusiastically react to the news of having their first baby. She just didn't expect the intensity of it. Not that she's complaining, of course.