ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Little Sister •

Boruto awoke to the piercing cries that echoed from somewhere not far from him. He rubbed his eyes, groggy with sleep and his head still laid comfortably against his Aunt Hanabi's shoulder.

Boruto noticed that they haven't gone home for a while now. He didn't know what was going on but everyone else was present. Iruka-ojiisan and Hiashi-ojiisan were there. People he haven't met or didn't know were also there. It seemed like they were waiting for his parents, too. Papa and Mama had been inside the room for a very long time now.

"You'll be meeting your little sister very soon," his Papa had told him before patting his head and going inside the room.

What's a sister, anyway?

The crying continued and he figured out a little while later that it came from the room where his Papa and Mama were. Boruto frowned. Were sisters supposed to be this loud when crying? He decided he didn't like it very much.

A few moments later, the doors opened and everybody was talking nonstop. Seeing his Papa, Boruto craned his neck to try to get a better view of what his Papa was holding. It wasn't long before his Papa approached him.

"Look, buddy. You're a big brother now."

Thanks to his Aunt Hanabi, his Papa didn't have to bend so much just to let him see. When his Papa lifted the blanket, Boruto stared. It was so small, and its eyes were still closed and it didn't have much hair. It was mostly wrapped in a blanket so the head was the only thing he could see.

He looked up, "Who's that, Papa?"

His Papa smiled, "This is your little sister. Her name is Himawari."

"Sister?" Boruto asked but everyone suddenly started gathering around his Papa and he didn't get the answer he needed.

A few days later, his Mama was finally going back home. He would finally sleep between his Mama and Papa again. When the doors opened, Boruto was quick to leave his toys on the floor and ran when he saw his Mama emerge from the doorway.

"Mama!" Excitedly, he ran to the doorway then slowed down when he saw his Mama holding something.

"Hello, baby boy. I missed you," he grinned when his Mama bent down and rubbed her nose against his. "Have you been doing good around Kurenai-sensei?"

Boruto didn't get a chance to say anything as his Mama stood up and went to talk to Kurenai-obasan. He noticed his Papa come in and he excitedly waved his arms up, wanting to be lifted.

"Just a sec, buddy. My hands are full. Let me just place these bags inside the room then we'll play, all right?"

Boruto was silent as he watched his Papa and Mama go inside the room. "Boruto," he looked up when Kurenai-obasan spoke up. "Let's go greet your little sister, ne?"

It was a moment before he nodded his head.

Months passed and Boruto was happy that he was finally spending time with his parents again. He noticed, however, that things changed ever since Himawari came. In the morning, he would shift to his mother's side only to find it empty. During breakfast Boruto would do something with his food that would usually make Papa laugh and have Mama scold Papa for letting him soil his food. It hasn't been like that lately, since Mama would be tending to Himawari and Papa would only turn to him every once in a while.