ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Jealousy •

Naruto was glad he went with his wife to the Academy. Hinata was going to substitute for a teacher for a week and he had this unsettling feeling in his gut that something was going to happen.

His gut never failed him.

As soon as Hinata opened the door to the classroom, a flock of boys around their son's age started to surround her that even Naruto had to step back to avoid getting trampled on.

Naruto felt his eyebrow twitch when one of the boys handed Hinata a sunflower. Wait, was that Sai's son?

"Papa!"

Naruto turned and saw Himawari running up to him and Boruto following behind. His daughter asked him a bunch of questions he wasn't sure he answered correctly. His gaze was locked on one particular blonde who was currently having a conversation with his wife.

"Dad, is something wrong?"

"Yes!" He suddenly exclaimed and both Himawari and Boruto slightly jumped and stared wide-eyed at their father. "Your mother…" he trailed off as his knees slumped and with his head bowed down. "Someone is taking your mother away from me."

It was like Otsutsuki Toneri all over again.

Boruto stared at his father as the bell rang. "Whatever, Dad. I'm gonna go to class. See you, Himawari." His sister nodded and bid them farewell before running to her classroom.

When Boruto slid the door shut from the inside, Naruto was left alone in the silence of the hallway as classes started. It was a moment before he decided he wasn't going to jump to conclusions and should instead observe the situation first.

So observe, he did. Fortunately he had some business with the Academy administrator so he was able to stay. He tried his best not to come across his wife so as to not interfere with any possible (unwanted) interaction that may occur between Hinata and some random guy. But alas, there was no random guy. Just a random boy.

When Hinata went to her next class, Naruto spotted the little Yamanaka boy following behind his wife while carrying a stack of papers. He kept his distance and his mouth shut as he watched Hinata smile at the boy while patting him on the head. Begrudgingly, he let it slide thinking the boy was just doing her a favor.

The bell rang and Hnata had to go to another class. Naruto knew this because why in the world not? Seeing as she was alone, he figured it was a good time to be with her. He abruptly stopped short when a certain blonde peeked from a corner and started to follow her. Naruto's jaw dropped.

Before he could even stomp his way to them, a faculty member called out to him and told him he was needed at the office.

At lunch break, he was already outside the classroom waiting for his wife.

"Naruto-kun," Hinata smiled as she spotted him.

Naruto grinned as he held out his hand. "Let's have lunch together."

Hinata simply smiled that beautiful smile at him and took his hand. They decided to eat outside and sat on one of the tables just beside the playground of the Academy.

"Mama! Papa!" Himawari called out and waved. She was seated with her friends a few tables away from her parents. When Hinata and Naruto responded with a wave and a grin, she immediately turned her attention back to her friends.

"What about Boruto?" Naruto asked as his wife set up their lunch on the table.

"He finished a while ago. Men are such fast eaters, after all."

"Couldn't argue with that," he said and spotted flowers atop Hinata's books on the table.

"Where'd those come from?" he asked, trying his best so that his voice wouldn't sound accusing.

Hinata gave him a pair of chopsticks. "You mean the flowers? They're from Inojin-kun." She picked up the flowers and smiled. "They're so pretty."

Naruto mentally screamed at the fact that Hinata's smile was not directed at him. Oblivious to her husband's turmoil, Hinata continued and replaced the flowers. "I wonder where he gets it from, though. He doesn't seem to have a bag or something with him."

"That's right!" Hinata slightly jumped and stared at her husband with wide eyes at his sudden exclamation. "You should be worried about how and where he gets it from."

Hinaga just stared at him before giggling. "You're so silly, Naruto-kun."

Naruto flushed. Hinata thought he was joking around and that he was being at a serious situation like this.

"Hinata."

Hinata jerked when Naruto suddenly grabbed her hand. She flushed at how serious his voice was when he said her name. "Naruto-kun?"

"I love you."

Hinata was sure the tip of her ears were already bright red. "I - I love you, too, Naruto-kun."

Her blush intensified when Naruto held her hand closer to his lips and his eyes boring into her own. "You know that you're my one and only, right?" She could only nod at his words. "And that I'm your one and only?"

"O-of course, Naruto-kun." Any more of this and she would totally faint.

"Great!" Naruto grinned and kissed her hand before letting go and digging in on his lunch.

At the end of the day, Naruto was fairly pleased at the fact that Hinata blushed at the mere sight of him. Seriously, his wife was the only thing that kept his ego from dying.

Classes were about to end in minutes and Naruto was at the gates waiting for his family. He paused when a familiar couple came.

"Hey, Hokage-sama!" It was Ino teasing him again.

Immediately, he remembered his dilemma and he ended up ranting to Sai about how the Sai should keep his offspring away from his wife (and possibly his daughter) and teach him to study first before thinking about unnecessary things for his age and that he should stop giving his wife flowers to woe her.

Ino looked at Naruto like he was the dumbest thing on Earth. "What are you talking about? I was the one that gave her those sunflowers. I justa passed them along to Inojin since I had a hard time finding its other kinds."

Naruto merely stared at Ino as she slid her arm through her husband's. "We all know Hinata likes to press flowers."

Naruto's eyebrow twitched as Sai smiled at him.

"Hokage-sama, it seems your Dickless level has gone up a notch considering how you feared even my son."

Naruto swore he wouldn't step foot in the Academy for a while.