ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Birthday •

Hyuuga Hanabi knocked and waited. Just as she expected, it was her sister's husband that opened the door. The pleasant surprise etched on his face was also expected.

"I've come for Nee-chan."

His blue eyes were twinkling as he called for his wife. He left Hinata and Hanabi in the living room and went to the kitchen. Boruto and Himawari were looking at him, expectant, and he just grinned as he lifted a finger against his lips. The children grinned in response and nodded eagerly.

"You promised to take me to the mall one day and I think today is the day." Hanabi's voice was loud enough for him to hear.

"Can't we do it tomorrow? I was thinking of staying at home with Naruto-kun and the children today."

"Please, Nee-chan! I've got this thing to go to tomorrow and I don't have anyone else to go to but you."

"I don't think Naruto-kun will-"

"Naruto-nii! Can I borrow Nee-chan for a couple of hours? It won't take that long. Promise."

Instantly, he was at the kitchen doorway. "I don't mind," he smiled but the hurt and confused look his wife was giving him pushed his heart to say otherwise. She probably thought he forgot.

Half an hour later and the sisters were out of the house. Boruto peeked from the kitchen. "Papa, is Mama gone now?"

Naruto nodded. "Yep, but we have to be quick or else we won't be able to finish in time."

"Mama probably thinks we forgot her birthday," Naruto solemnly said as he finished placing the ingredients on the table.

"But we don't!" Himawari retorted defensively. She had been standing beside him on a chair and leaning on the table.

Naruto smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "That's right. That's why we're going to bake the greatest cake ever!"

"Papa, I found it!"

Naruto turned and saw his son carrying a cookbook over his head.

"That's great. Now, let's start before Mama gets back."

Naruto carefully read the text on the book. It sounded wasy enough. He hoped it was easy enough to do, too.

A while later and Naruto just closed the oven for the cake to bake.

Boruto and Himawari were engrossed at looking through the glass of the oven. So far, they have been little angels and followed every word he said.

"What's next, Papa?" Boruto asked over his shoulder.

"The chocolate icing."

Those three words triggered and sparked his children and their eyes brightened enough to light the whole village. Naruto hoped against hope they didn't turn into little imps.

Naruto took out the chocolate bars from the fridge. He turned and was met by two hopeful looks from Boruto and Himawari.

He sighed and gave each one a piece. It wasn't like he can deny them, anyway.