ᗰY ᑎᗩᗰᗴ Oᑎ YOᑌᖇ ᒪIᑭՏ - KᗩTᗩᖇIᑎᗩ-ᕼIᗰᗴ

•Always Be Naruto-kun•

Life was not a fairy tale. Everything wasn't perfect. There were dark times, and hard times. Times, he didn't want to think about anymore.

Especially when he was younger.

Even in his marriage, there were times that were harder than others. He also remembered a very recent, dark time when his own son hated him.

But Naruto loved his life.

When he woke up in the morning, birds weren't singing. The sun wasn't shinning. There was no pitter-patter of little children feet, or their giggles echoing through the house. His wife wasn't wrapped in his arms romantically, or waking him up with breakfast.

It was a little after four in the morning. It was dark and cold outside. Winter time, nearing the Rinne Festival. Boruto was on a mission and Himawari was on a school trip. His wife was on her side of the bed, in warm pajamas, peacefully sleeping.

Naruto yawned and rolled closer to his wife. He didn't want to wake her up, it was too early for that. But he missed her. He liked her. He wanted to be around her.

He pressed his face into her back, his arm laying across her side softly. She was squishy under all the blankets, and the ends of her hair tickled the top of his head. He took in a deep breath, smelling their laundry detergent, Hinata's shampoo, the understated floral tones that he always associated with his wife, and especially their room.

As he exhaled, she shifted away. "That tickles."

"Sorry." Naruto pressed his face tighter against her back, feeling her shoulder blades, her spine digging into his cheeks.

'She's getting too skinny.' Naruto frowned to himself.

She yawned, her back arching away from his involuntarily. Her head fell back, her hair now going into his eyes. It ended with a hum, her curling back into the blankets.

"Did you wake me up to make you breakfast?" Hinata asked, face muffled by her pillows.

Naruto smiled. "No."

He felt Hinata turn her head, narrowing her eyes to appraise his reply.

Naruto ducked further down her back, hiding his grin, trying not to laugh. He could never hide from her though.

"I just wanted to snuggle you!" He finally let out a laugh. "Honest, 'ttebayo."

She hummed again, in a way that only she could, like 'you're full of shit, Naruto-kun' but still sound cute and sweet.

He finally started laughing for real. "I promise!"

Her hand came up to caress his, drawing soft circles on his arm, slung across her stomach. He lay like that in total bliss for a couple minutes, trying not to fall back asleep but lulled into a soft rest. Alone time with Hinata like this was always peaceful, relaxing. Like meditating, but better.

And rare.

Too soon, her hand circled his wrist, pulling him off.

"Noooooo," He whined, but obliged, throwing himself back on his side of the bed, frowning.

He thought she was forcing him to get ready. But instead, she was getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" He watched her, through hooded eyes.

She stood up and grabbed a little over sweater from a chair next to the bed, slipping it on easily, much to his distain. She was super hot. Like, villainously hot. She was blocking his view. She knew it too, giving him a smile, because his wife didn't smirk, and tied the knit loosely under her bust, barely framing her hour glass figure.