Chapter 2

(Y/n) POV)

I was walking through the halls when Kagami ran into a class and scared Coach. He said something about an official club membership form. To which I immediately took a turn and walked into the class and next to Kagami.

"I'd like one too, please."

Coach: "What is it with today? You, too?"

Kagami: "Too?"

Coach: "Kuroko asked me for one earlier."

Kagami: "That bastard."

Coach: "Just how impatient are you rascals?"

Kagami: "What'd you call me?"

Coach: "Well, the three of you have potential, and we've got room on the bench, so we'd be happy to have you both." She hands us both a paper.

Kagami: "Now I can play in a game, right?"

"Huh?" He began to walk off.

Coach: "Hold it right there. I'll only accept your form on Monday at 8:40 on the roof." We were confused, but left the class anyway.

"Hey, Kagami. What did you mean earlier when you said, "Now I can play in a game, right?" Why couldn't you have played?"

Kagami: "The membership form we signed were only for a trial member. Only official members can play in a game."

"Oh." We both stopped walking when we saw a paper about the debut of our basketball team. One thing stood out to me though. Someone I recognized was standing in the middle of two other people. 'Kiyo-chin plays here. Then where was he? I'll have to ask Hyuga-senpai about that.'

Kagami: "He wasn't kidding."

Kuro-chin: "Yes, they're strong." I glanced over at Kuro-chin who had just shown up. Kagami however...

Kagami: "Why can't you show up normally?! Stop coming out of nowhere!" Kuro-chin then shushed Kagami and pointed towards the library sign. Kagami then grabbed the top of his head. "You making fun of me? You're making fun of me, aren't you?!"

Kuro-chin: "No." He then gets released. "That hurt." I saw Kagami blink and Kuro-chin was gone. 

Kagami: "Hey, Kuroko." I chuckled at his shocked expression.

"He's got a bad habit of both showing up randomly and leaving randomly."

Kagami: "So I've noticed."

🏀

Coach: "I've been waiting for you."

Kagami: "Are you stupid?"

Kuro-chin: "Is this a duel?"

"The wind feels nice."

Kagami: "I forgot all about it, but Monday... The morning assembly is in five minutes! Hurry up and take it."

Coach: "Before that, I have something to tell you."

"Oh?"

Coach: "I made a promise when the captain asked me to be his coach last year. I promised to focus solely on pushing the team towards the national championship. If you don't think you're ready for that, there are other clubs better suited to you."

Kagami: "What? Of course I'm-"

Coach: "I know you're strong. But I need to know you have something even more important. No matter how hard you practice, "someday" and "maybe" aren't good enough. I need to know you have ambitious goals and the will to accomplish them. Give me your year, class, and name. Announce your goals here and now. If you fail to achieve them, strip naked, and confess your feelings for the girl you love." I raised my hand slightly.