Chapter 23

(Y/n) POV)

The tipoff ended in Kaijou's favor as the crowd was roaring. Kasamatsu-senpai dribbled the ball as everyone watched in anticipation. I just smiled slightly as the battle began. Kisecchi vs. Mine-chin. Kisecchi jab stepped to the right before driving left, but Mine-chin's speed and reaction time allowed him to poke the ball free from behind. Glasses caught the tipped ball, and began the counterattack. He then passed the ball to the loud blonde who was being guarded by #8. Blondie then passed out to the apologetic mushroom who...

A.M.: "Sorry!" Apologized as he made the shot. A crazy mother fucker jumped for the rebound even though he made the shot.

Izuki: "A three pointer."

Kiyo-chin: "Looks like Touou took the first basket."

Coach: "What? Kise-kun again?" Kisecchi then copied the apologetic mushroom's shot, but Mine-chin was able to get a finger on the ball.

'Your speed is still unbelievable... I honestly don't know of a way to counter raw speed. I don't think there is one... but I don't have to be faster in my legs to beat Mine-chin.' Touou attempted to counterattack, but Kasamatsu-senpai proved why he's the better #4, and stole the ball. He then shot the three, tying the game up once more. I watched Kasamatsu-senpai kick Kisecchi and chuckled. 'They're putting a lot of faith in him. I believe in you Kisecchi, you've got this.' Mine-chin was talking to Kisecchi, but being in the stands makes it hard to hear what they say. 'Kisecchi's not giving any openings... good.' Mine-chin then began his bullshit, and faked a pass, but he really just span and began driving off of Kisecchi's right. Then again, it isn't that simple with him. He then crossed over to the left, but as it looked like he had blown passed Kisecchi. Kisecchi moved back in front of him... ya know... cause he didn't get passed.

Koganei: "Amazing! He stopped him!" Mine-chin then hopped back before throwing up a formless shot. Kisecchi then caught that bitch mid air.

Kaga-chin: "Seriously?" Everyone seemed surprised by him stopping Mine-chin... did they really forget me doing similar if not the exact same thing?

'I doubt Mine-chin would accept Sa-chin's data on Kisecchi, but the rest of Touou would definitely have all the data they need to succeed. Kasamatsu-senpai has his work cut out for him. He can't just rely on Kise.' Kasamatsu-senpai fakes a pass towards #5, and drives towards the basket. Glasses knew this, and he easily stopped the attack.

Izuki: "They knew?"

"Did you already forget how Sa-chin is literally the most annoying person in a game of basketball?" Kasamatsu-senpai had a different plan in mind, and went for a spin into a fadeaway. Glasses also knew this, and preemptively jumped. As Kasamatsu-senpai shot, it looked like it was going in until it rolled out of the rim. Crazy-screaming bastard got the rebound this time, and passed it out to #5 who took a weird looking shot. It didn't matter how weird or awkward his form was though, cause he makes his shots either way. Just as he made his shot, the buzzer rang.

Announcer: "The first quarter is over."

Coach: "Kaijou completely took the first quarter."

Kaga-chin: "Aomine's not holding back again, is he?"

"We just played him, and you're already thinking he's holding back. Kisecchi has more potential than basically any one of the Generation of Miracles. I've played against both of them enough to know when they're serious. And right now... They both couldn't be any more serious." I saw Mine-chin smiling on the bench.

Kiyo-chin: "Can I ask you something? How did you guys beat Kaijou?"

"With skill, and triumph, and vim, and vigor!" Everyone looks at me weirdly.

Kuro-chin: "Aomine-kun has a tendency to get stronger at the game goes on. If he's going to get any better, it will probably happen soon." As the second quarter was about to begin, I saw the crazy bastard #10 screaming and hitting himself in the face.

🏀

Glasses was dribbling the ball, but instead of going straight on the offensive, they've taken a slower approach. Glasses then passed to A.M. who passed it back to #7. #7 then passed it back to glasses who took the spot up midrange, but #5 for Kaijou jumped to block. Glasses then acted quickly and passed the ball down to blondie who made the close shot. Kaijou's attack was similar to how they ran the first quarter. Get the ball to Kisecchi. However, Mine-chin's strength began to show.

'This pressure is something I'll never get used to. No matter how many times we play each other.' Kisecchi tried to make a move, but Mine-chin immediately poked the ball free. Mine-chin ran down the court with Kisecchi right on him. He had the ball in his left hand, and crossed over to the right. Kisecchi seemed to know what he was doing, but Mine-chin crossed over again and the ball was back in his left hand. Mine-chin broke passed Kisecchi, and jumped at the basket with #8 jumping to defend. The shot went in, but...

Ref: "Basket counts! One free throw!" Mine-chin converted the and one which brought the game back to a tie. Kaijou was still trying to rely on Kisecchi as they passed him the ball again.

Tsuchida: "Again?"

Coach: "Kaijou must intend to put everything on Kise."

'I feel like there's more to it than that.' Kisecchi copied Kasamatsu-senpai, but his shot was blocked by Mine-chin.

Announcer: "Kaijou high School, time out." The game was tied with 28 seconds before half time.

Hyuga: "They're tied. But the game's just getting started. Touou won't be easy to stop once they get going."

Kaga-chin: "Kuroko?" I glance over at the shadow before looking back to the court. 

'Kaijou might be relatively equal to Touou in strength, but if Kisecchi doesn't pull something new then this game is over.'