Chapter 30

(Y/n) POV)

Shot after shot. Block after block. Mido-chin had stayed true to his word throughout the game so far as he continued to take shots in an attempt to tire Kaga-chin out. We don't have the most comfortable lead going into the second quarter at 23-16, but we've been able to stop Shutoku's most lethal weapon for the most part. I'm just worried about later in the game. 

'Who's gonna tire out first? Kaga-chin or Mido-chin?' I looked over to Kaga-chin who was breathing heavily. 'I think I already know the answer...'

Mido-chin: "What's wrong? Exhausted so soon? In that case, I'm disappointed."

Kaga-chin: "Of course not. Bring it on!" I sighed as I dribbled the ball.

'Kaga-chin's exhausting himself with Mido-chin, Takao is making Kuro-chin practically useless at the moment...' I looked at #5 who had been struggling to stop me all game. I exhaled before I began driving off to the left before spinning to the right. #5 fell as he tried to change direction faster than his body could follow as I took the leaning shot. On the inbound, I was able to steal the pass only for that pesky bastard Takao to hit it out my hands again, and into Mido-chin's. 

Hyuga: "Kagami!"

Kaga-chin: "No, you don't!" Mido-chin faked the ball as Kaga-chin wasted a super jump.

Hyuga: "A fake?!" Mido-chin quickly dribbled around Kaga-chin before he went to shoot again.

Kaga-chin: "I'm not finished yet!" Mido-chin was a second faster than Kaga-chin's super jump which almost ended in Mido-chin making his first three, but it missed the rim completely and bounced off the backboard. I smirked as the others finally realized the ball was in play and went to grab it. I cut to the basket as Kuro-chin was already there, and rocketed the ball to me. I jumped and dunked the ball easily before looking back to Kaga-chin. On defense, Shutoku realized they couldn't use anyone I was guarding to pass the ball seeing how I would see where they were going and steal the ball. Mido-chin once again hit Kaga-chin with a fake, and I went to go help. Kaga-chin, Kiyochin, and finally myself. That was the three people who went to stop the shot.

'He's going to pass!' I quickly planted and turned to guard Takao who had just caught Mido-chin's pass. I was half a second slow to stealing his pass as he managed to get the ball to #8. The Three on three didn't end in our favor as Otsubo-senpai was able to score over Hyuga-senpai. I looked over to Mido-chin who was staring back. I just nodded to him before walking over to the others.

Kiyo-chin: "I won't deny the situation is difficult. We're just in a bit of a pinch, though. It's not over. Let's have some fun."

Hyuga: "Yeah, I know."

"What do you have planned?"

Hyuga: "I can't think of any way to stop Shutoku."

Kiyo-chin: "We'll come up with something." Hyuga-senpai quickly smacked Kiyo-chin over the head.

Hyuga: "You don't have any ideas?!"

Kiyo-chin: "That hurt... Well, we can start by benching Kuroko."

Kuro-chin: "What?"

Kiyo-chin: "If your misdirection doesn't work, you'll only hold us back. You're doing your best, but you're more of a hinderance. There's really no reason for you to be on the court." I chuckled and patted Kuro-chin's shoulder.

"Just watch and see if you can find a weakness for us, yeah?" Kuro-chin nodded before he clapped Mitobe-senpai on the way to the bench. 'Guess coach wants me to stay at point guard for now.'

🏀

Our game plan for now was to double Mido-chin with Kaga-chin and Kiyo-chin, and let them score on the inside. To put it simply, this game would be decided by the offense and not the defense. I caught the inbound pass before we ran down the court. I quickly passed to Hyuga-senpai who passed to Kiyo-chin. Kiyo-chin went up with #8 before quickly swapping to a pass to Mitobe-senpai who dunked the ball. We continued this process of letting them get the easy two before we score right back with either a two of our own or a three when we can get it. I just barely missed a mid range shot after being double teamed by #5 and Takao. I let out a sharp exhale as Kiyo-chin was out rebounded by Otsubo-senpai. I quickly turned and ran to guard Mido-chin who was already in shooting motion. I barely got a finger on the ball, but it was already on course.

Mido-chin: "Stop daydreaming. You can't lose focus for even a moment if you want to stop me." Mido-chin was then beaten by his seniors as they congratulated him.

Hyuga: "Don't let it get to you Kagami! If they score, we'll score ourselves."

Kiyo-chin: "Let's score."

Hyuga: "Alright!"

All: "Let's go!" Then the buzzer rang for the end of the first half.

Hyuga: "Listen up! Honestly speaking, stopping Shutoku is really difficult for us right now. Our only choice is to score more than they do. Let's go!" The start of the second half was now, and the point war was about to start once more.

🏀

Mido-chin was able to pass to Takao leaving us at the disadvantage, 4 vs. 3. I quickly stepped up to stop Takao from making any moves.

'He's passing back to Mido-chin.' I bursted past Takao, and jumped with Mido-chin.

Takao: "Don't miss."

Mido-chin: "Quiet, fool." I blocked the shot but...

Ref: "Foul! Whit, No. 9! Three shots!"

"Damn it." Kiyo-chin slapped my back as he walked by.

Kiyo-chin: "Don't let it get to you."

"I won't." I grimaced as I watched Mido-chin make every free throw giving Shutoku their first lead of the game. 45-46, Shutoku had finally gotten the upperhand on us.

Hyuga: "Don't faulter! Let's go!" I went to pass to Hyuga-senpai, but it was stolen by #8.

#8: "Our team isn't just Midorima!"

'Fine then.' I sprinted after them, and as #5 went to hit a layup, I slapped the ball out of his hands... but once again...

Ref: "Foul! White No. 9! Two shots!" I looked down as I let out a breath as I felt my eyes darken.

'I'm not losing this game... Stop fouling people you fucking moron!' #5 made both of his free throws before the game continued on again. And then that moment came. Kaga-chin went to jump to block one of Mido-chin's shots, but he couldn't jump anymore. With a minute left in the 3rd, we were down 68-76.

Mido-chin: "You seem to be at your limit."

Kaga-chin: "What did you say?"

"Kagami... Switch with me. Kiyoshi, go back to guarding the inside." Kiyo-chin looked at me concerned but nodded.

Kaga-chin: "We can take him!"

"I wasn't asking Kagami. Listen." Kagami tensed for a second before scowling and slowly walking away with convulsing legs. "Come at me Midorima. Let's see how you do now."

Hyuga: "Don't over do it."

"Don't worry about that." I smirked as I heard Coach sub Kuro-chin back in the game. 'It's time to end this game. Bring it on Shutoku, we're ready.'