Chapter 18

(Y/n) POV)

Once again it was me vs. Mine-chin.

'Two steps forward into cross over from left hand to right.' I once again followed his movements. 'Same thing as before, jump and shoot from behind the backboard. No, he's throwing it into the hoop.' I jumped with him and as his body turned I stuck my arm out and felt my hand make contact with the ball.

Ref: "Out of bounds. Black ball!" The same thing happened again, but this time I couldn't block the shot. He moved faster this time and made the formless shot. We slowed down our pace on offense, and as Hyuga-senpai got a screen from Kaga-chin and attempted the three it was blocked by blondie.

'I'm so close. Soon... no... this time I'll do it again.' Aomine caught the pass like he's done this entire second half. He began dribbling the ball in his left hand as we looked into each other's eyes. He began walking towards me. 'Look right before bouncing ball left towards me. Then before it can reach my hands he'll snatch it and drive off to my right switching to his right hand.' Mine-chin looked towards the right and bounced the ball directly at me. I just took a step back and let him snag it again before chasing him as he drove. 'Pull up midrange.' I jump with him as I see Kaga-chin jumping with me. 'Wait... he's going to shoot damn near parallel to the floor?!'

Mine-chin: "Yeah, yeah. You can jump high. Good for you. But I'm tired of this." The ball went higher than Kaga-chin's jump by a finger and way over me. The ball bounced off the backboard and swished in the net. Kaga-chin got the ball on the fast break but came face to face with Mine-chin. Kaga-chin tried to beat Mine-chin with a shot but he didn't even get the chance as Mine-chin slapped the ball out of his hands. "Sorry. You're so slow I took the ball." I ran after Mine-chin with Kaga-chin.

Kaga-chin: "Get back here!" Mine-chin and I were neck in neck as we began losing Kaga-chin. Mine-chin began to gain ground on me as we kept running. Kaga-chin jumped to stop Mine-chin's shot, but Mine-chin hadn't shot yet. He tried to toss the ball over his back, but I jumped and spiked the ball down into the ground.

"I can see it. Everything you attempt I can see it. You're not unstoppable."

Ref: "Two free throws!"

Mine-chin: "It doesn't matter. This isn't your basketball, is it? The only one who can beat me is me. You can't fight me on your own." Mine-chin then motioned for Kuro-chin to come. "Come on out, Tetsu. Let's settle this." I was breathing heavily as I glared at the back of his head.

"Insolent brat." I whispered as I continued my glare.

Coach: "Kuroko-kun..."

Kuro-chin: "I'm fine. I've had plenty of time to rest. I'm going."

Mine-chin: "Show me the strength of the new light and shadow." 

Announcer: "Seirin, member change!" Izuki-senpai came back out of the game as Kuro-chin walked up to Kaga-chin and I.

"Sorry Kuro-chin. He's really hard to defend."

Kaga-chin: "Sorry Kuroko. It's a lot harder than I thought by myself."

Kuro-chin: "I'm sorry, I don't understand." I looked at him confused. "We always intended to fight together. If winning were so simple, it would be too easy."

Kaga-chin: "Shut up. I know!"

"Open the portal to Tartarus." I mutter as I look Mine-chin dead in the eyes. 

Kaga-chin: "Let's go!"

Mine-chin: "Yeah, bring it on." Glasses dribbled down the court before passing to blondie who scored the quick layup over Mitobe-senpai. Kuro-chin quickly caught the ball before spinning in a circle before passing to Kaga-chin. He ran down the court with Mine-chin hot on his tail. Kaga-chin then did a thing and passed the ball back to Hyuga-senpai.