Chapter 28

(Y/n) POV)

I watched the ball swish through the net once more with a smile. I stood from where I took the midrange shot full of content. I walked over to the ball before picking it up.

'Finally got it consistent.' I put the ball back in my bag before I began walking home late in the night. 'All that's left is to test it in game.'

(Timeskip)

Furihata: "Woah. You're getting pretty good with your left arm." Kaga-chin was doing tricks with a basketball in his left hand.

Kaga-chin: "Yeah. It's even been easier to eat with this hand lately."

Furihata: "So, you still can't sleep the day before a tournament, huh?" The redness in Kaga-chin's eyes only proved that fact. "You look terrifying."

Hyuga: "What are you smiling about? It's creepy." Kiyo-chin was smiling like an idiot.

Kiyo-chin: "Oh, sorry. Don't let it bother you." Koganei-senpai chuckles.

Koganei: "I know what it is, Kiyoshi. You're excited because we have new uniforms, right?"

Kiyo-chin: "What, they are?!"

Koganei: "You should've noticed sooner!"

Coach: "We'd better get going. Is everyone here?"

Hyuga: "We're still missing one. Oh, Kuroko?"

Kuro-chin: "I'm here." Que the shock.

All: "You are?!"

Kuro-chin: "Yes, I've been here the whole time." Kaga-chin and I both noticed the exhale he let out though.

Kaga-chin/me: "No, you're lying this time! You barely made it on time running here! Silence?!"

Hyuga: "Let's go. We haven't forgotten anything, have we?"

Coach: "What are you talking about? We're on our way now to go get it!"

(Timeskip)

Coach: "Ready, guys? I'm going to go over what we're doing at the Winter Cup again. Eight schools are participating in the preliminaries. Two of these schools will win the right to participate in the Winter Cup. After today's games, they'll be narrowed down to four schools. Those four schools will play a league series, and the top two schools will go on to the Winter Cup. However, this time the participating teams are the eight schools from the Inter-High preliminaries. In other words, they're powerful teams who had successful summers. Our opponent today is the 6th place team, Josei High School! Let's win!"

All: "Yeah!"

(Timeskip)

Hyuga: "Alright. Let's go!"

"You've been unusually happy since this morning Kiyo-chin."

Kiyo-chin: "Well... I haven't been in game in a while. I can't help but smile."

"Don't get to drunk off of happiness and lose focus."

Hyuga: "Kiyoshi, I understand you're happy, but you came back to win. We're counting on you under the net."

Kiyo-chin: "Yeah, I know."

Kaga-chin: "He seems relaxed. Are we going to be okay?"

"He's always like this. Even when we played together in middle school. We'll be fine."

(Short timeskip)

Ref: "Let the Winter Cup preliminary game between Seirin High School and Josei High School begin. Bow."