Chapter 8

(Y/n) POV)

I was happily eating my food that was on par with Kaga-chin in the amount numbers.

Kuro-chin: "You're eating more than usual." I looked over at him and Kaga-chin who sat to the left of me. Kaga-chin looked over at Kuro-chin who only had a sandwich and a juice box.

Kaga-chin: "I'm surprised that's enough food for you. We played two games yesterday. I'm so hungry."

Kuro-chin: "I'm sore at least."

"I mean... I'm always hungry, but I am pretty sore even if I didn't play as much in the second game."

Kaga-chin: "What does that mean? I guess I am, too." Kaga-chin then stretches over his chair.

Coach: "Kagami-kun, Kuroko-kun, Murasakibara-kun! Perfect. Come with me." Kaga-chin and I ended up carrying the boxes she held.

Kaga-chin: "But we're sore. What are you, an ogre?"

Coach: "You want to make a maiden carry those boxes? That's your job, boys."

"You seemed to be doing just fine a second ago."

Kaga-chin: "I don't see a maiden anywhere." She punches both of us in the kidney causing us to almost drop the boxes we were carrying.

"What is this stuff anyway?"

Coach: "They're DVDs of this year's and last year's games from the club room. They're for scouting, and the club room is so small. We're going to be playing two games in a row against the kings in the semifinals. There's no such thing as over analyzing." Well I know what I'm going to be doing for a while.

🏀

It was getting late as I sat in the locker room watching the film on Seiho and Shutoku. I was so focused that I didn't notice either Kuro-chin or Kaga-chin enter. I had asked coach to let me watch some to get a head start on learning their offensive tendencies. I was on a preliminary game, Seiho vs. Kitawada when I saw two people standing next to me.

Kaga-chin: "Their movements are kind of weird. I mean..."

"Yeah... it seems familiar, but I just can't put my finger on what it is."

Kaga-chin: "This bald guy's defense is especially tough."

Kuro-chin: "I know him."

Kaga-chin: "Huh?"

"You do?"

Kuro-chin: "I played against him in middle school. We had only just started, but he stopped Kise-kun."

"So he's always had exceptional defense." We finished the film as we stared at the final score. 71-12 Seiho. "They're scoring isn't the greatest, but if we can't beat their defense it doesn't matter how much they score." Kaga-chin and Kuro-chin nodded.

🏀

Koganei: "Sorry, but I feel like crying again."

Coach: "Frankly, we'd lose nine times out of ten against Seiho and Shutoku. We just have to bring that one win to our games."

Hyuga: "Hey, listen. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a strategy, but I have an idea."

🏀

We were warming up while Shutoku was warming up on the court across from us. Kaga-chin was having a stare down with Mido-chin when Hyuga-senpai almost snapped his neck.

Hyuga: "You're staring down the wrong guy, idiot. No matter how hard you stare, if we lose this next game, you'll look like an idiot."

Kaga-chin: "I was just looking at him. I'm focused on our next game."