Chapter 29

(Y/n) POV)

Shutoku advanced to the championship league after completely destroying Suginami. The score was 151 to 49, an absolute blowout. Senshinkan also advanced to the championship league after beating Nozomi. The score was 91 to 59. Kirisaki Dai Ichi advanced to the championship league after beating some no name school 180 to 45.

Coach: "The championsip league will determine which two schools will represent Tokyo in the Winter Cup. The four participating teams have been chosen."

Furihata: "For better or for worse, we only have three games left. The Winter Cup preliminaries went by in a flash."

Hyuga: "What are you idiots talking about? It's just the opposite. We're just getting started."

Coach: "Have you forgotten already? Only the top eight schools out of over three hundred from the summer have been allowed to participate. In other words, the Winter Cup preliminaries began with the Inter-High preliminaries. It's one long qualifier that's been going on since this summer."

Hyuga: "Our first opponent in the championship league is Senshinkan. We've lost to them twice already. Let's win this time!"

Seirin: "Yeah!"

Kuro-chin: "Kagami-kun..." The two planned to meet later at the court. I just looked at the two before continuing on my way. I wonder if this new trick will work... Maybe...

🏀

As I walked past the court I saw Kuro-chin looking at his hand, Kaga-chin was looking at a ball in front of him confused, and it looked like they were working on Kuro-chin's drive. So that's why he wanted to meet him at the court.

Kaga-chin: "Don't give me that! Done everything, my ass! You lost the ball!" Kuro-chin just wipes his hand off on his shirt.

Kuro-chin: "I lost the ball."

Kaga-chin: "I just said that!" Kaga-chin then looked at the ball again, causing his eyes to widen. As Kaga-chin passed the ball back to Kuro-chin, he rubbed the smooth surface of the worn down basketball.

Kuro-chin: "I need a new ball. I wish I could use the gym more. This is the sixth one." I wordlessly stepped up next to Kaga-chin before shooting a three.

"Lucky you I have one. They don't call it lucky number seven for no reason." Kaga-chin jumps from seeing my next to him.

Kaga-chin: "Don't tell me you're gonna start doing that too!"

"Nah, I can't do that like Kuro-chin. You were just too busy looking at the ball Kuro-chin had."

Kaga-chin: "Why are you here?!"

"A magician never reveals his secrets."

Kaga-chin: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Come guard me and find out." I walked over to the ball that rested on the ground before casually walking back up to Kaga-chin. "Or are ya chicken?"

Kaga-chin: "I'll show you who's chicken! Bring it on!"

"You're so easy..." I quietly chuckled before we checked the ball. I dribbled in place as I stood tall, Kaga-chin being in a ready position to defend against me was a little confused. I quickly sprinted forward as I drove to the basket. Kaga-chin followed with me as I performed crossovers, behind the back moves, spins, all sorts of moves before I got to the hoop. We both jumped as I went to dunk over him with my left hand. As he goes to swat the ball away, I quickly switch hands before dunking over him with my right. "So it works on good defenders... still not enough..."

Kaga-chin: "What do you mean it's not enough?"

"My brother's probably twice as good as you are when it comes to defense. I honestly don't have a true answer for him... besides this of course."