Chapter 16

(Y/n) POV)

I had my eyes closed as I just listened to the sounds of the game ahead. I listened to every ball bounce, every swish of the net, every call out, and every ring of the rim.

Blondie: "Alright, take this!" He caught the rebound before throwing it downcourt.

Glasses: "What are you going to say this time?" I heard the ball hit against his hand. He drove towards the pain with Izuki-senpai guarding him. They both jumped before there was a delayed swish of the net. Double clutch. "When you heard Aomine would be late, I bet you thought you should score as many points as you can. Sorry, I guess I misspoke. We're only an opening act compared to Aomine. We're probably stronger than you." 

RFY: "Really?"

RFY2: "What is it, Furihata?"

'Why is this the first time I'm hearing his name?'

Furihata: "Touou's preliminary tournament scores: 108 to 91, 151 to 72, 131 to 81." 

RFY2: "That's amazing. They're all 100 point games."

Coach: "Yes. They're the opposite of Seiho. An offensive team."

"Mine-chin must've skipped that first game."

Apologetic: "Sorry!" The rim dinged. "Oh, sorry!" Then three people jumped, Kaga-chin, blondie, and #7. The net then swished, putback.

Izuki: "I see. I expected some of this, but that's your style."

Glasses: "That's right. Our team gathered athletes from across the country. The more skilled a player is, the stronger his sense of self. We've been trying all sorts of things in the last few years, though. More than holding hands and playing nice, this way works best. We're both offensive teams. This game should be interesting." Izuki-senpai then caught a pass from Hyuga-senpai.

Izuki: "I don't know how interesting it'll be. I'm not even sure we're the same type. Our style is full team play." Kaga-chin then set a screen as Izuki-senpai moved forward. He then faked a three causing one to jump. He then passed the ball to Mitobe-senpai who would go on to immediately pass to captain.

Hyuga: "Forget one-on-ones." He spun and shot the midrange jumper. "I don't plan on losing this game. Tell your captain, you apologetic mushroom."

Apologetic Mushroom: "What? Sorry!" Glasses caught the inbound pass and laughed.

Glasses: "I didn't hear what you said, but I understood something..." He then launched the ball down court to blondie. "...from your play!" The ball soared through the air. "Between our individual style and your coordinated style, let's see whose style is better."

Izuki: "I called it team play. Most people forget." A wild Kuro-chin then appeared right behind blondie... and... jumped to steal the pass...

Kaga-chin: "Don't try things you're not used to, idiot!" Then Kaga-chin saved the day and stole the pass.

Blondie: "So high!" Kaga-chin then passed it back to Izuki-senpai.

Izuki: "Nice, Kagami! You too, Kuroko." They then began to go back on the attack.

Kaga-chin: "What was that sad jump? If you can't get it, don't jump!"

Kuro-chin: "I got it."

Kaga-chin: "Liar! This isn't like you, anyway. This isn't overlapping with your middle school experience, is it? We're playing against Touou now. Are you asleep?"

Kuro-chin: "But I got it." I let out a chuckle at the two.

Kaga-chin: "Liar!"

Blondie: "Those little shits have really done it now!"