Chapter 44

From the moment I made the decision to meet his parents, I'd let myself imagine what Adrian's room would look like. There were a few things that had come to my mind and I was curious to find out if my mental picture of his room matched with the reality.

His room wasn't what I imagined it to be like. Granted, it did look like a typical teenage boy's room with soccer trophies and The Beatles' posters. But at the same time, it looked more than just that. The first thing I noticed upon entering were the walls, which were blue in color, the kind of blue that immediately reminded me of Adrian's eyes.

The walls were covered with countless photo frames and some paintings. I could feel Adrian watching me carefully as I walked inside to take a closer look at the walls. It was as if he expected me to faint then and there. I didn't realize what the whole fuss was about until I finally had a look at the photos.

The entire wall was covered with photos of his childhood, or, to be precise, our childhood. There were a lot of photos of me with a black-haired and blue-eyed boy who looked too adorable to be true.

I looked closely at a photo where I was sitting on a swing while Adrian pushed it from behind. Both of us were laughing goofily as the wind took my short hair backwards making him lean backwards to avoid it hitting him in the face.

"This park used to be our spot. There wouldn't be a day when we didn't take turns playing that swing." Adrian explained, coming to stand behind me. He gestured to a similar photo hanging beside it. This one was also from the same swing but the difference was that we were both sitting there, facing each other. He was saying something to me, judging by the weird position of his hands and mouth while I looked like a lovesick fool, looking at him in wonder, as if absorbing every word he was saying. I cringed inwardly. Way to go, Eves. Who knew I had the hots for him even in such a young age.

Another one close to it was of us... kissing. Our pinky fingers were entwined together as we kissed, both of our faces red- whether from the heat or embarrassment, I wouldn't know. Both of us had our lips puckered towards each other while we pinky-promised with both of our hands. I refrained myself from face-palming. Here I was, hoping to find Adrian's embarrassing photos in order to tease him about them in the future. But instead, what do I find? Life was unfair.

I made a move to the next one, but not before giving a sharp glare to the devil who had a massive smirk on his face as he alternated his gaze between me and the photo. I made sure to swiftly ignore his overly amused presence.

There was another where he was in a black tuxedo while I wore a royal blue dress, my hair tied up with matching ribbons. My arm was looped through his and both of us had identical huge grins on our faces. I felt Adrian's hot breath against my ear as he came to stand so close to me that there was barely a hair's width between us.

His husky voice reached my ears, sending a shiver down my spine. "This was during my uncle's wedding. Your and my family were very close and since my uncle used to visit regularly, your family was invited as well. It was the day I first thought of you as an angel despite the blue dress. Just like Luke said, you looked too pretty then, like an angel."

I ignored his words, fighting the blush threatening to surface on my skin and turned away to the next frame. There was a huge photo of us in the middle of the others. This was the one I was well familiar with- the one I had with me as well, and the very one I'd found in his wallet that night. I looked wistfully at the both of us standing under that tree in our matching Mickey and Minnie t-shirts. If only I could remember those moments, if only for one more time.

I moved over to the next photo. This one was of a slightly older Adrian with another chubby boy with green eyes. Both of them had dirt all over their clothes and some even in their faces but their identical wide grins clearly said that it was the last thing they had on either of their minds. This photo was also taken in the same park but instead of the swing, the boys seemed to be playing soccer, judging by the ball on Adrian's hand. I looked at the other boy closely. He looked familiar but I couldn't pinpoint where exactly I'd seen him.