Chapter 30

Soooooo... who is in Christmas spirits? Meeeeee! And it is because of that same Christmas spirits that I was not able to update as sooner as I planned to. It's a  holiday season, y'know? Anyways, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! (I'll try my best to make another update on or before 2021, but well, I know myself so... just in case). Lol.

P.S. Dear silent readers, please don't stay completely silent. Drop a vote or a comment to let me know that you are actually there and it's not the literate spiders reading the chapters. Pretty please?

Anyways, enjoy!

P.P.S. Don't kill me at the end. XD
-----------------------------------------------------

It was Sunday. A day before Eva's surgery. 

I was in my office doing some works that were still remaining. Both of our offices, that is, Eva's and Co. as well as The Stones Inc. were working today since Adrian's company had a similar 'server crash'. Our investigators were looking at the case since these events looked too suspicious to be a pure coincidence. But in the meantime, we had to recover things.

It was a stressful situation. Specially with Eva's surgery the next day. I would be taking leave for a few days so I was trying to complete as much as I could before that.

I was checking the files when I saw that a few of them didn't have Adrian's signature in them. I'd told Leah to send them to his assistant last week but the woman seemed to have a hard time interpreting directions. I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be found. She'd come earlier with my blueberry muffin and coffee when she'd arrived and she hadn't logged out of her computer so she must still be inside the office. But where exactly she was inside the office was a mystery to me.

I sighed. It seemed like I had to go by myself. The file was highly confidential so I couldn't send anyone else for that. I rubbed my aching head and sent an email to Leah, informing her of my whereabouts. I really needed a new assistant. She had been doing well for some days, but now she was back to her former, not-taking-orders-from-anyone-although-she's-her-employer self.

I walked into his building after parking my car. I nodded and smiled at a few faces that had become friendly over the past few weeks. The elevator was empty as I got in and I used that time to think about the mysterious talk between Adrian and my sister. 

He had this weird look in his eyes after their talk; he looked like he was trying to figure something out of me, which was a little unnerving. When I asked him about it, he shrugged it off as Eva needing his famous pep talk.

When I asked Eva about the same thing, she shrugged it off as well, saying she wanted his view on her designs. As if they hadn't already spent the whole hour doing just that. I was feeling like I was about to go insane with all these suspicious events and people.

I didn't see his strawberry blonde secretary on her desk, which was unusual but definitely welcomed. The woman had serious glaring episodes and I wasn't in mood for that today. Even glaring back at her required lots of energy, which had already been drained by Leah. I had a feeling that both of these assistants would land me in a psychiatric ward one of these days.

I reached his office, and contemplated knocking at the door. The idiot barged into my office everytime as if it was his own. I rolled my eyes remembering that and shrugged. If he wouldn't knock before entering my office, I wasn't going to knock before entering his either. Sue me for being immature.