Chapter 7

A few weeks passed by and work resumed as normal with some exceptions of the works related to the production and marketing department. There were some changes now that it was associated with The Stones Inc., but other than that, it was pretty much the same.

I'd seen Adrian somedays here and there but we hadn't talked much except share a few greetings as we were both busy with our works. And besides, I was downright furious at him for outwardly denying my idea of organizing the event by Eva's. The man wasn't even ready for joint contribution for the event.

"The event will have to be upto the standard of The Stones Inc. So I'm not taking any chances with my reputation." He had rudely stated his reasoning. I'd like nothing more than to remove the huge hollow thing covering his head and discover his pea sized brain so that I could pluck it out and crush it with my foot. God! I'm violent.

The party was being held tomorrow where the partnership would be announced officially. I was not really looking forward to it as it was only publicity strategy and nothing else. For me, it was like that annoying assignment of your least favourite subject that you don't want to do at all but you have to anyway because there's no way you'll pass without it so you just decide to get it over with so that you can finally breathe of relief. Yeah, so my point... I wasn't interested much.

While I wasn't even a bit excited, my surrounding seemed to be hellbent on making up for that. All around me, squealings, whisperings and excited murmurs could be heard as if it was their senior year prom coming up.

And to top it all, my lovely secretary Leah was practically bouncing her steps since last week and she was even in a leave today. Apparently she needed to do lots of shopping and pre-party preparations as she should look nothing but breathtaking being the personal assistant of the CEO of one of the two hosting parties. And she didn't ask for leave. She informed me that she was on leave and even advised me to take a leave myself. Thank God she wasn't the actual CEO.

I was just thinking of the ways of getting rid of Leah when a knock sounded on my office door and in walked none other than Adrian Stone. I raised my eyebrows when he sat in front of my desk and he raised one of his own in answer. I wish I could do that but my eyebrows really had an inter-eye coordination. I snapped out of my thoughts about the friendship between my eyebrows when I saw him smirking at me.

"You like what you see, Ms. Evelyn White?" I rolled my eyes at his ego and crossed my hands. "You really seem to be in a delusion that the world revolves around you, Mr. Adrian Stone. But guess what, it's the sun. I wouldn't mind giving you a thorough lecture on the solar system and revolution of the earth but I'm quite busy here and I'm sure you are too. So why don't we just skip to the reason why you decided to grace us all with your presence?"

His eyes lighted up in amusement and a half, almost full smile was about to form in his lips when he suddenly cleared his throat and explained. "Straight to business, huh? That's one of the many things I like about you. Anyways, I'm here to personally invite you to the party tomorrow. We are both the hosts tomorrow so it's obvious that we need to be at the venue before anyone else. Which is why, I will be picking you up tomorrow at 6pm sharp." He finished at looked at me expectantly.

Shock. Complete and utter shock was what I felt after hearing him. Who exactly did he think he was? First the complicated sentence. One of the many things I like about you? Was he sa- no! That was not the point. The point here was the nerve of that man to actually make plans for me and inform them to me without asking.

I really hated those people who didn't bother asking and preferred doing what they felt was right. Leah was the first on my hate list but I guess I found a better fitting candidate for that position now. My assistant would have to suffice in no. 2.