00 | mirah phenomenon

----- -----

BREAKING NEWS

Eight MIRAH astronauts reported to have gone missing shortly after space mission.

The three alive astronauts reported to not remember anything about how they went missing. MIRAH HQ says they're still investigating this case.

Still investigating a case

For ten

Years

----- -----

The Mirah Phenomenon

That's what they call it.

Astronauts who have been reported missing once their ship has landed back on Earth may or may not have been accidentally involved with this phenomenon.

The astronauts don't even have to be affiliated with MIRAH. That organisation just so happens to have the most accidents.

I've seen people theorise about what they think happened behind the scenes. Some think they saw things they shouldn't have seen, and were taken out by the government in a not so friendly way.

They're not wrong.

We have seen things.

I've witnessed it in all of its glory when I was younger.

My name is Daisy Mallory.

And I'm going to stop this, once and for all.

----- -----

🌻 DAISY'S POV 🌻

"You are!?" she shouted from the end of the line. "I am" I replied. "They're doing research back on Polus again and they invited me to help and I need to be there in case-"

"Don't you know what happened last time!?" Erica yelled. "We were the last survivors of an alien attack! We don't want to lose you to the thing that took your brother too". Thinking of MIRAH again, of seeing space so close to me again, made my stomach and heart ache.

I hated that feeling with every inch of my body, cause that experience gave me so much joy when I was younger.

But I needed to stop this before anymore people get taken by this. I know there's probably been more attacks. They're keeping it hidden from the public. I remember that incident years ago.

"They're kind of threatening us to keep it a secret" Andy told me. "B-But they died there!!" I shouted. "That isn't fair! They should know-". "But what would happen if the secret got out?" Nutella said. "The public would all be anxious and scared". "B-But Lemon....." I stuttered.

"We can't really do anything" Andy told me, and held onto my hand

"We can't really do anything" Andy told me, and held onto my hand. "MIRAH is investigating the situation for us". "But won't your parents wonder where Angie is?" I asked him. He looked down at the ground. "As I said" he sighed.

"We can't do anything"

It made me sick to my stomach.

"Look, Nu- Erica" I corrected myself. "This is one of my only chances to find out more about this species. Find out if I can make a cure. Or an antidote or vaccine". "But what if you never return?" she asked me. "What will Andy think?". "Then tell him that I died in their names" I said. "I'm doing this for them".

"I don't want this to happen again".

I heard her sigh from the other end

I heard her sigh from the other end. "Make sure you're safe, alright?" she mumbled. I sighed. "I promise". I sat back down on my bed. Why would they allow me back? I mean, I'm a famous scientist now. They probably think that's all in the past now and that I'd succumb to the threats to keep silent they sent us when I was twelve. I could easily decline, I know the risks. But today, I'm gonna put my life on the line. To stop an incident like that happening again.

"Have you told Andy yet?" she asked me. "He'd be scared for life if you went back there without him knowing". "That's why I told you first" I explained. "You'd take the news better than someone who also lost a sibling there". I still remember Angie from all those years before. The pain in her voice. The sadness in her last words. And I felt tears prick at my eyes.

"Do you want me to tell him for you?" Erica asked me. "I mean, sure" I sighed. "I'll be pretty busy with preparing and research anyways". "Will you be okay though? You've already lost an arm". I looked down at my metallic arm. I've had to had to switch the arm out a few times as I grew up.

"I'll try not to lose another limb" I giggled. "Leon's ghost would have my head if I lost another arm or leg". Erica laughed a little, then sighed. She doesn't know that I mean it, literally. "I should get going now, it's getting late" I explained to her. "Alright!" Erica said. "Night, Daisy Bell!". I smiled. "Goodnight..... Nutella".

"H-Hey! You haven't called me that since forever-". I hung up and sighed. This was going to be a large project. And MIRAH's confident in this trip too. They've already accepted me as part of the crew travelling to Polus. "Glad to have you back in our journey to the stars" they had emailed me. I just hope they don't realise what I'm planning.

"You'll be travelling with nine other astronauts on this voyage to accompany you!" they included in the email. "The more the merrier!". And the more to kill if they came back.

"I shouldn't focus on this too much" I mumbled. I put my glasses on my bedside table and lay down. I popped my prosthetic arm off for the night and went to sleep.

Farewell Earth. See you seen again, space.

----- ★ -----

Research Notes:
I'll include these in case I wanted to change anything in the story lore from the previous story so that people don't get confused.

Erica is Nutella's real name. I don't think I included anyone's real names besides those that didn't have code names or Fuchsia's and Lemon's real names.
Oh and I changed Lemon's real name from Lee to Leon, since Leon I literally one letter away to being Lemon.

And I hope you enjoy this sequel series!!

----- -----