08 | spin the bottle

🌻 DAISY'S POV 🌻
----------

*click*

LOG NUMBER FIVE. DAY THREE ON POLUS. RESEARCH HAS BEEN GOING QUITE WELL TODAY. THE RESULTS OF THE BLOOD TEST CAME IN. CAME UP AS P. AS EXPECTED.

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE DOING QUITE WELL TODAY. IT'S JUST UP TO ME TO EXPERIMENT WITH THE BLOOD AND SEE IF ANYTHING WILL WORK AGAINST IT. I'VE BEEN CONDUCTING A LOT OF MY EXPERIMENTS IN THE LABORATORY AND THE SPECIMEN ROOM.

THE PARASITES SHOULD ALREADY HAVE TAKEN EFFECT ON THE IMPOSTORS, YET NO ONE KILLED DURING YESTERDAY'S WORK DAY. NEITHER TODAY'S WORK DAY. HOPEFULLY THEY WERE JUST CHICKEN OR FAR TOO SOFT TO ACTUALLY KILL ANYBODY. ON THE OTHER HAND, I PREVIOUSLY DID SEE SOMEONE WHO WOULDN'T HURT A FLY KILL SOMEONE DEAR TO MY HEART. SO IT'S MORE LIKELY THAT THEY NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO DO IT.

I'VE BECOME GOOD ACQUAINTANCES WITH IRIS AND BONETTI. THEY'VE BOTH HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN MY EXPERIMENTS AND WISH ME GOOD LUCK. VOLTA HAS ALSO BEEN HELPING ME WITH SOME OF MY EXPERIMENTS TOO, SINCE HE HIMSELF IS A CERTIFIED SCIENTIST LIKE ME. ALTHOUGH I CAN'T MAKE RELATIONSHIPS TOO CLOSE WITH OTHERS ON THIS SHIP. THAT'LL JUST PUT MORE EMOTION AND WEIGHT ON THEIR DEATHS.

I FEEL LIKE SOME OF US MAY KNOW MORE THAN THEY LET ON. THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN QUITE INEFFABLE FOR US. VOLTA HAS BEEN SUGGESTING THAT I TAKE A FEW BREAKS, I HEAR THAT THEY ARE PLANNING SOMETHING THIS AFTERNOO-

----- -----

"Professor Mallory???". Harmony knocked on the door. "Do you want to-". "Keep it a surprise for her, will ya?" I heard Gary ask her. "Do you think she likes game nights?" Harmony questioned him. "Shhh, you don't want her to hear you!" Gary whispered to Harmony. "Oh! No worries. She can't hear us!" she giggled, while trying to keep her voice quiet.

"Speak of the devil," I told myself. "End of Log 5. I'll be going to taking a break from my experiments". I ended the tape and stood up from my chair and opened the door.

"Is anything wrong, you two?" I asked them. "The total opposite, Daisy" Gary chuckled to me. "There's a surprise for all of us in the Office". I sighed and smiled. "I told you to not to call me by my first name, but alright". "Yay!!" Harmony cheered, and clapped a lot. "Come on, let's go!!"

----- -----

The MIRAH graduate basically dragged me to the Office room. A few of our other groupmates was there. "Good afternoon, Miss Mallory" Iris greeted me. "How were the experiments so far?". "Hmm, I could describe them as going well," I told her. "Where's Bonetti?". "Volta said he would be coming," Paolo replied for her. "Me and Iris personally checked up on him, he said he needed to finish some work stuff.

"Are you sure this is going to be fun?" Damien asked Yuuto, as the two entered the room. "I'm sure it'll be fun!" the brunette replied. "As long as no arguments break out". "Me and the blondie helped with the organising," Gary told him. "So you'll have to join". He head patted the smaller boy, who replied with a snarl. "Ugggh, fine" Damien sighed. "But only because you said so-". He was suddenly cut off by Harmony tightly hugging him, and Yuuto joining the hug. "Oh, were going to have so, so much fun!!" Harmony gushed.

"Alright, I'm here, you two," Volta sighed. "Is there any surprise?". "Surprise for all of us, ain't it?" Iris said. "We're waiting for everyone else to arrive first," I told him. "Also, good to see you, Bonetti". "Good to see you too, Mallory" he told me. Finally, the last two groupmates arrived.

"Yuuto told me y'all were playing Truth or Dare?" Sapphire questioned us. "I wanna hear the drama and tea". "I-I didn't necessarily say Truth or D-Dare" Yuuto stuttered. "I just said we'd be playing games-". "Oh, you lying piece of SHIT-". "You really shouldn't waste your time on this guy, Princess," Cherry sighed. Sapphire just stuck her tongue out at Yuuto and sat down on one of the couches.