01 | graduation

💗 HARMONY's POV 💗
----------
I stared out of the gigantic window in fascination. The giant dropship outside was just waiting for me to enter it. Finally! I can finally go on a mission as a Junior Program graduate! Can't believe I've braved through six years of training to get to this moment. Let's hope this mission is a success!

"This is going to be so cool, Egg!" I told my bestie. He looked at me coyly and gave me a shy smile. "M-Maybe.....". "I feel like I'm about to explode with excitement!!" I exclaimed. "And there'll be a few professionals with us! And-And a bunch of our program classmates!!".

Egg slowly nodded, while playing with his hair. He never bothered to cut it, so the hair ended up covering half of his face. "Y-Yep" he muttered out, followed by a shy giggle. "But what if-". We suddenly heard voices nearby. "Egg? I asked him. "What do you think that is?". "M-Maybe one of the professors?" he suggested. "Or two....."

We got up from where we were sitting and went over to where we heard what seemed like two professors arguing. "What do you mean Junior Program graduates are joining on this mission!?" one of them yelled, seemingly a woman. "It'll be good for them to experience a space mission once they've graduated, you know" the other voice replied, a man's. "But this is a professional mission, not one for late teens!!".

"Look, this is just what the higher ups at the corporation chose" the male professor said

"Look, this is just what the higher ups at the corporation chose" the male professor said. "You don't even work here, you were just invited to join the mission". The female professor slammed some papers on the table. "You're really relying on a bunch of amateurs to do well on a mission so soon after their graduation!? And on another planet!?"

"All of the Junior Program graduates have been on missions at least once" the man told her. "I see no point in objecting to them. Don't you want them to grow and learn more as a professor?". The woman scoffed at him. "You're going to regret this choice," she told him, coldly. And exited the room.

Me and Egg pretended we were just passing by when she exited. "We sh-should probably go now" Egg stuttered. "Yeah we should- Wait". I tugged on their arm. "Wait- Is that who I think it is?!" I asked Egg. "U-Uhhh, I don't know???" he replied back. I looked at the woman again, squinting. Long brown hair, green eyes, glasses, scientist coat. "Oh my god- It's Professor Mallory!!!" I shouted and booked it towards her. "H-H-Harmony, wait!!" Egg shouted.

----------

"Are you Daisy Mallory!?" I asked her, nearly out of breathe. The woman looked at us, stone cold. "Why do you ask?" she told us. Egg looked up at her. "ohmygodit'sactuallyher" they panted. "We saw you from across the hallway and we wanted to let you know we really appreciate your work!!" I told her. She looked at us, confused for a second.

 She looked at us, confused for a second

"I..... didn't know I could get fans at this job" she said. "Well, you do!" I beamed proudly. "Wait, are you one of the astronauts joining the mission tomorrow?" Egg asked her. Daisy looked at the window with the gigantic dropship outside, then nodded. "I guess I am" she replied.

"Oh my god, we're going to be working with you!!!" I gasped. "My name's Harmony Valentine!". Egg looked a bit intimidated, but I just held his hand. "This is Egg," I told her. "He's my co-worker and best friend!". Daisy looked at us both. "Are you two from the Junior Program?" she asked us.

"Oh-!" I shouted. Maybe this has something to do with that conversation??? "Well I mean, we-". "Yes," Egg replied to her. "We graduated only three months ago. This will be our first mission". Daisy looked away, seemingly in thought. "Well, I wish you two a safe voyage" she said to us, and turned away.

"What's your names?" she asked us. We blinked at her in confusion. She did... Hear us. Right? "I'm Harmony Valentine" I told her. "And he's Egg". "I meant names," Daisy told us. I looked at her. "B-But-". "Yuuto Abiko," Egg replied. "My real name's Yuuto Abiko. But my friends call me Egg. It's also my MIRAH codename".

Daisy looked back at us, and nodded. "It's been a pleasure to meet you two," she said. "Harmony and Yuuto". She walked away. I just stared at her in disbelief. "B-But why didn't she use your codename?" I asked him. Egg shrugged. "Maybe she doesn't like eggs?" he suggested. "Maybe she's vegan". I laughed and patted him on the back. "Maybe, dear friend" I chuckled. "Maybe"

----- -----

Research Notes:
Oooooookay from this point onwards things are gonna go downhill just to say >:)))))
Also, I hope y'all like the new characters I've concocted up! I'm currently writing Chapter 5 at the time of publishing and I've really enjoyed writing the characters so far!

Also also, you guys realise how Harmony calls him Egg but Daisy calls him Yuuto? Yeaaaaaaah, it might become more harder for y'all to know who's who depending on which POV you're looking at ;)
Also one of my favourite characters are gonna be introduced in the next chapter 😳

----- -----