10 | brotherly love

🌻 DAISY'S POV 🌻
----- ★ -----

Everyone gathered in the Office room. Everyone except Paolo.

Yuuto looked so scarred from seeing a dead body. He was breathing pretty erratically, and he kept on fidgeting with his hands. "So, how was the body found?" I asked him. "You, Harmony and Damien were the first ones to find it, after all". "I-It was bloody and the platform was bloody..." Yuuto stuttered. "Paolo had a gunshot wound i-in his chest". A gunshot.....?

"Oh yeah, I placed all your stuff in your suitcase" she told me. "It's right underneath the bed". "Thank you, Iris" I sighed. I reached underneath my bed to get my suitcase out and checked inside. The alien DNA solution was still intact, gladly. Along with that, the combat knife was still there. The gun was missing though. "Wh-Where's the gun?" I stammered. "I-I couldn't find it," she trembled. "I really hope you don't mind. I can help you search for it in the dropship".

This- This has horrifying implications.

Shit. That's where it went. I should've kept my eye on my own fucking gun. Maybe if I did, Paolo would still be alive... That doesn't matter now either way, all that matters is we find out who did it. Or at least get leads on who did it.

"Wasn't Gary with him before he died?" Cherry reasoned. "Doesn't that mean that-". "Gary's not a killer, Cherry!" Damien scowled at her. "Well, how do you know that?" Cherry told him. "He could've killed him and betrayed Paolo behind his back!". "Me and Paolo actually seperated before he did went to the Laboratory," Gary spoke up. "He said he wouldn't mind doing his task alone, and that I should just go to my bedroom".

"What type of fool would willingly leave someone alone in a danger situation!?" Sapphire barked. "He's lying, and I know it-". "A-Actually, I can stand up for him," Iris spoke up. "When me and Volta finished our tasks, we saw him enter his bedroom". Volta looked over at her, and nodded. "I can confirm that".

"So Gary has a straight alibi, but what about the others?" Harmony piped up. "Me, Egg and Raven have been with eachother the entire time, so we can stick up for one another". "Me and Cherry were teamed up for the majority of our tasks," Sapphire said. "So we're both innocent. "I was with Volta when Paolo died," Iris spoke up. "So it's not either of us". "So that just leaves..... Daisy".

"I... Was with myself the entire time" I admitted. "I am inno-". "Bullshit!" Cherry shouted, slamming her hands on the table. I could see some of the papers and mugs shake from the impact. "If you were alone, you don't have anyone to prove that you're innocent!!". "Will you please listen to me for a second!?" I yelled at her. That only enraged Cherry further, apparently. "You're the only one who was alone, therefore you had to have killed him-".

"Cherry, calm down!" Sapphire told her and sighed. "I can prove her innocence! You know we were in Communications when Paolo's body was found?". Cherry seemed to calm down after that. "Yeah? And?". "I looked into the Security cameras, and she was in the 02 Room, too far from the Laboratory".

••••••

"Oh shit, you're right!!" Cherry scowled. "We did see her!". "Wait, you had access to the Security cameras!?" Damien shouted. "Did you see who killed Paolo??". "There aren't cameras anywhere near the place where he died," Gary said. "So it's not like they could". "Wait, t-that means that everyone has a solid alibi" Harmony stuttered. "Is someone lying!?". "They must be," Volta sighed. "But we can't confirm or deny anyone's claims because everyone agrees that they saw eachother.

"So do we... just end our meeting here?" I said. "It's not like we have any other leads". "W-We can discuss this later tomorrow, maybe?" Yuuto suggested. "We can bury Paolo's body somewhere here". "I'll bury the body," Gary volunteered. "I don't think any of us would like to throw his body into the lava".