11 | lamb to the slaughter

🌻 DAISY'S POV 🌻
----- ★ -----

As I poured a bottle of coke into a cup, I heard two people enter the Office. "Ah, good morning, Miss Mallory!" Iris greeted me. She had sat down at the table while Volta was looking around in the cabinet for something. "Good morning to you too," I replied to the both of them. Volta replied with a short wave of the hand, while Iris' eyes immediately darted to my bottle of come.

"Uhhhh... Is that a healthy amount of coke?" she sked me. "That's a really... Big amount of coke....."

"Maybe you should say that to Volta," I laughed, passing the bottle to him as he sat down. "He's the reason there's this much coke here in the first place". "Har har har, Mallory" he sighed, as he poured the coke into his own mug. Iris just chuckled nervously as she simply got out a packet of custard cremes.

"Do you want to work together with us, Mallory?" Volta asked me. "Neither of us would mind a group of three". "Oh, sure" I replied. "I mean, I nearly got blamed for a murder because I was alone". "It'd be great to have someone other than Volta to be around with!" Iris smiled. "Having conversations with Volta is getting quite boring". "Just because I'm eight years older than you doesn't make me a boomer, Iris" Volta sighed. "Still boring though" she replied, sticking her tongue out at him.

I giggled at their little antics. Their little bickering reminded me back when Leon was still alive.....

I'll avenge you soon, brother. Don't you worry.

----- ★ -----

"You used to like Hello Kitty?" Iris asked me excitedly while us three walked towards Weapons. "Hmm, yeah" I replied. "Big fan when I was 12, still kinda am". "Hello Kitty still lives on in 2098, I see" Volta laughed. "The franchise is quite old though, isn't it?". "It's lived on this far, who's to critique the masterpiece that is Hello Kitty," I chuckled.

As we entered the small building, the lights flickered, suddenly went out. "Oh fuck" I muttered. "Should we go and fix the lights?". "Probably," Iris replied. "My phone flashlight isn't bright enough for us to tell if an imposter is creeping behind us or something".

We all nodded and headed off towards Electrical, which wasn't that far away. I found myself fidgeting with my sleeve self-consciously. I guess I was just really nervous. It reminded me way, way too much of-

"Miss Mallory, are you alright?" Iris asked me, shaking on my sleeve to get my attention. "Huh? O-Oh. Of course I am!" I stammered. "Perfectly fine, why would I be nervous?". She looked at me, concerned, but simply continued, waving her phone flashlight in front of our path. I feel like Iris is the only one out of all of us who brought a phone to space. Though I think bringing a phone here is against MIRAH policy. I wonder how Iris managed to sneak it on here.

The flashlight suddenly flickered out, with the sound of a phone resetting. "Sorry, everyone. My phone ran out of battery" Iris sighed. "I knew I should've charged it before- ACK!!" Iris suddenly tripped, falling onto the floor with a thud. "Are you okay!?" Volta asked her. "Errr...I think I tripped over something," she mumbled, sitting back up.

The lights then woke up again, letting us see again. But what Iris had tripped over, wasn't any ordinary stone or misplaced tile.....

It was Damien's dead bloody corpse.

----- ★ -----

"And that's how we found Damien's body," Iris sighed. Everyone at the table looked worried and concerned. Another one had been lost to the imposter. Harmony and Yuuto were pretty heartbroken by what had happened, them both being particularly close friends with him. But Gary...... Poor guy was so distressed.