04 | again?

🌻 DAISY'S POV 🌻
----- -----

My head's pounding like crazing.

I stood up on my bed, wincing from my headache. It felt like torture. "Miss Mallory, I don't think that's a good idea," I heard someone next to me say. "I recommend you lie down and rest". "I'm doing completely fine, thank you!" I yelled back.

I tried getting out of the bed, but the person pushed me back in. "Miss Mallory, you need to rest," they advised to me. I looked over at who the voice was, as I hadn't looked over at them yet. A tan girl with indigo large hair and stormy blue eyes. She looked pretty young, so she must be from the Junior Program. Maybe she was in the same group as the Junior grads? No, no. She looks way too young, even for the young adults.

 She looks way too young, even for the young adults

I looked at the uniform she was wearing. Blue. "I haven't seen you without your helmet until now, Iris" I told her. "I just decided to take it off since we're indoors," she told me. She was examing her own wound and fumbling through stuff in her own bag. Her leg seemed to have been bleeding, as it was wrapped in slightly bloody bandages.

"Oh yeah, I placed all your stuff in your suitcase" she told me. "It's right underneath the bed". "Thank you, Iris" I sighed. I reached underneath my bed to get my suitcase out and checked inside. The alien DNA solution was still intact, gladly. Along with that, the combat knife was still there. The gun was missing though. "Wh-Where's the gun?" I stammered. "I-I couldn't find it," trembled. "I really hope you don't mind. I can help you search for it in the dropship".

This- This has horrifying implications.

"How long have I been knocked out?" I questioned Iris. "Forty minutes" she responded. "Volta helped me get you all to your rooms". I looked around and sure enough, this was my assigned bedroom. There was even a little technological plate on my door that showed my name.

"Tell him that I give him my deepest gratitudes" I requested. She nodded, but I noticed her digging around on her phone. "What are you doing?" I asked her. "Checking for a connection" she said, a little quiver in her voice. "The dropship crashed and burnt, so I've been trying to find a way to contact home". "Huh, smart thinking," I said. "How old are you?". "Why do you ask?". She looked over at me. "You look pretty young for someone in space," I told her. "Even far too young to be a Junior Program graduate". Ironic for me to say that, since I was twelve when I first went into space. She looked at the ground. "I'm sixteen".

"Sixteen!?" I shouted. God they're still letting children into space?? This girl didn't even go through college yet! Is she even supposed to be here?? "How'd you end up here?". The girl paused for a few seconds, seeming to wonder how she should answer. "One of the scientists said I should go," she said. "They said they needed one more person to get samples and research".

There was a quiet silence between us, as Iris tapped away on her phone. "I noticed that you had weapons ready in your suitcase" she chimed up. "How'd you know we'd get attacked?". "Let's just say it was a premonition" I said. "For now".