Chapter 36

ADELAIDE'S POV:

"I've got popcorn!"

"I'll get ice cream!"

"I'll choose the movie!"

"You will not! It's a family decision."

"Shut up."

"Fuck off!"

"Tell me to fuck off one more time and see what happens!"

"Isabella Knight! Do not use that language."

"Move out of my fucking way you dumb bitch! Not you baby."

Everyone runs around each other as they push couches closer together and place cushions on the floor to make it comfortable. Blankets get thrown to each other as well as cushions.

They all shout at each other when they get in their way and I get moved around politely.

"Kids. Go to the toilet now." Alessia orders and everyone leaves the room except Giovanni and I.

I slowly walk over to him and stand right in front of him whilst he sits down. "Can I have a hug?" I fidget with my hands.

Giovanni pulls me down to his side and hugs me close. "I've missed you, Angel." He kisses my forehead and I smile slightly.

"You too, old man."

"Old!" He scoffs. "I am young, thank you very much."

I laugh a little. "Well..." I stretch out the word and he tickles my side.

"Okay! I'm sorry!" I laugh.

Carlo walks into the room and smiles a little before glaring at Giovanni. He storms over to us and slowly wraps his arms around me lifting Giovanni's arm like it's a disease and picking me up carrying me away. "Mine, old man."

"I'm not old!" Giovanni shouts.

"You are literally a grandpa." Carlo deadpans and sits down in a one seater with me curled up on his lap. I feel uncomfortable and tense for a second until I feel his warm hands rub soothing circles on my leg and back.

He wraps a blanket around the two of us and we wait for everyone to walk back in and get comfortable in their own seats and some on the floor.

Loki and Smudge lay down on my lap and chest whilst Carlo strokes them on the top of their heads listening to them purr.

"Okay! What are we watching?" Alessia questions.

"Mada- gas- ca." Ricardo sounds out.

"No." Nicola deadpans.

"Venom." Isabella suggests glancing over at me.

Why me?

"Maybe when Ricardo is asleep." Rose suggests looking over at me as well.

"Inside out!" Nicola suggests.

"Alright." Alessia sighs and finds the movie.

The first five minutes are of everyone making noise of food trying to pour what they want into their bowls and passing pockets around. Also of people moving to get comfortable. The room is dark and the only light comes from the TV screen.

I turn my head slightly to look at Carlo a few minutes into the movie and the lights from the TV portray over his face as he watches.

As if sensing I'm looking at him he turns his head slightly and smiles at me. "You okay?" He whispers.

"Yeah." I smile back and turn back to the TV. After a while I see him out of the corner of my eye do the same.

I lean into him so my head is on his shoulder and I place my hands on his chest feeling his heartbeat. I feel something sticking out, so I pull it out of his shirt, feeling him shiver from the coldness of the object dragging against his skin.

I pull out a grey ring similar to the one on his wedding finger.

It's mine.

I don't say anything and proceed to play with it on its chain and watch the movie.

It gets to the part where they meet Bing Bong and I start to get tired. My eyes open and close abruptly and I snap them back open, this happens a few times until I get too tired to try and keep them open.

I feel something warm and soft apply pressure to my nose and above my top lip. I open my eyes slowly when it touches my top lip again. I look over at Carlo and he continues to pepper soft kisses over my face, but mostly my nose and top lip.

A strange noise erupts out of my throat as I stretch, a light smile plays on my face as he continues his soft kiss attack.

"Carlo." I whisper through my quiet laughs that I try to hide. "What are you doing?"

He chuckles in my neck and presses kisses there making me move my head in an awkward position.

Once he's stopped I look at him with a grin on my face. He leans forward a little looking me in the eye, he moves more forward and presses a small light kiss to my lips.

I don't let him do it anymore as I lay my head down on his chest holding his hand in one hand and the other playing with the ring around the chain on his neck.

Isabella stares at us with a small smile on her face and then goes back to the movie whilst nudging Nicola and whispering something to him whilst using her hands to explain some parts but I don't understand her signals.

He moves his head back a little and looks at Carlo and I with a smile on his face too, he whispers to Isabella and they both laugh.

"Shhh," Ricardo sputters a little and turns to roll his body over in my direction.

It takes him a long time but he eventually pulls himself up on the edge of the couch and stands up. I lift him up onto my lap and he cuddles into both of our chests holding three of my fingers to his face.

Carlo slouches down a little and presses a button that tips the chair back and lifts his legs up at the same time. The three of us lay back slightly and watch the movie.