Chapter 47

CARLO'S POV:

"There are just a few more paintings to be set up and then it is all finished."

"So we can see it today?" I question as I lean back in my chair and spin around slightly trying to not let my excitement be shown in my voice.

"Yes sir, I can bring the keys round in an hour or so."

"Sounds perfect, thank you."

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and finally smile to myself. A knock on the door makes me clear my throat and drop the smile. "Come in." I watch the door open slowly and Adelaide walks in holding a drink in her hands.

I smile slightly watching her take one hand of the mug to close the door properly, her lips in a relaxed pout as she concentrates on trying not to spill anything. Her eyes don't move to me and they stay glued to the drink that she now holds with both hands again. She shuffles slowly towards me and once she stands next to me she shimmies herself closer to the desk before carefully putting it down and smiling at me proudly once she's done so.

"Hot chocolate." She grins, butterflies swarm around my stomach and I feel myself blush slightly at her smile and quickly divert my eyes towards the drink that has whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate sprinkles on it.

Her cold hand reaches to my chin and I feel my head being pointed in her direction. "Are you blushing?" She keeps a hold of my chin and chuckles.

"No." I mutter and try to move my head away but she keeps it in place. Adelaide presses a soft kiss to my lips and I blush harder.

"You're so adorable." She kisses my nose and goes to walk away but I hold onto her waist and sit her on my lap.

"Don't call me adorable. You call the cats adorable. I am not adorable." I grumble.

I see her roll her eyes and I pick up the drink, taking a sip. It's too hot so I put it back down, she uses her thumb to wipe some of the cream off of my top lip and puts it into her mouth, not realising how sensual the act was.

She looks at my laptop but I don't keep my eyes off of her from the small moment she is just ignoring. "Stop staring." She looks back at me.

"I have a surprise for you today." I change the subject and avert my eyes to her lips.

Her arms wrap around my neck and she plays with the hairs at the back of my head. "When do I get this surprise?"

"When I feel like giving it to you." I mutter.

She smiles and presses a kiss to my lips. "Do you feel like it now?"

"No." I smile.

A kiss to my nose. "Now?"

I shake my head and lean further back in my chair resting my head against the headrest and keeping a hand on her thigh rubbing my thumb up and down. She kisses my jaw and I still shake my head. She chuckles and goes to the spot that makes me groan, she kisses and sucks the skin into her mouth softly letting it go. I push her head away feeling extremely flustered. "You can have the surprise in an hour . Go away."

She laughs and stands up walking away to the door, my eyes fall to her ass as i suck my bottom lip into my mouth. "Stop looking at my ass." She retaliates.

"No."

She chuckles as she closes the door behind her and I'm left feeling flustered, my stomach filled with butterflies, and my heart rate racing.

****

"Close your eyes." I order for the fifth time as I try to get Adelaide out of the house and into the car.