Chapter 40

ADELAIDE'S POV:

"But it wasn't my fault!" Isabella shouts nearly in tears.

"Bella, you need to calm down." Rose says softly.

"No! Shout at Carlo, not me."

Carlo leans back in his chair at the dining table we're all sat at having breakfast. He smiles at Isabella in victory.

"I don't know why you're smirking." Rose glares at him and he sits up properly with a straight back.

"Sorry momma."

Isabella sticks her tongue out at him. "Mommy's boy." She taunts.

He squares up jokingly at her. "Yeah? And what."

"Shut up, idiot. Nobody wants to listen to your annoying voice."

Carlo points a finger at Isabella and looks at his mom in shock. "Are you just going to allow this- this verbal abuse?"

Rose face palms as Carlo and Isabella argue once more. Giovanni and Alessia smile whilst eating and Nicola and Ricardo laugh a little.

"Shut up!" Rose shouts having enough. "Rooms now."

"You can't send me to my room." Carlo sasses and looks at her alarmed. "I'm an adult."

Rose raises her eyebrows at him and he quickly gets out of his chair taking my hand. "Can I at least take this one with me?"

"No."

I chuckle slightly as Carlo gasps, Isabella laughs loudly and walks out of the room. "You're hurting my feelings." Carlo tells his mom.

"And you're hurting my head." She rubs her temples and Carlo walks over to her kissing her head.

"I'm sorry." He hugs her. "But I'm not apologising to that little gremlin."

"Carlo, go to your room."

He groans loudly in annoyance and stomps out of the room, Giovanni's loud laugh booms around the room as Carlo runs back in to kiss my nose and runs back out.

Giovanni stands up and walks over to me, "Let's go." He tells me and starts to walk through the door behind me.

Alessia smiles at me but tries to hide it by bringing her mug to her mouth. I excuse myself and follow Giovanni, he is silent all the way through the house until we get to the back door where he opens it and waits for me to walk in.

As I enter I notice Emilio and three other men working on different cars. They are all surrounded by hundreds of cars and I stop in awe. Giovanni steps up beside me. "Your new collection."

I glance at him. "They're mine?"

"Yep. All of them." He smiles and hands me a tool box. "That doesn't mean you get away with fixing them up."

I chuckle a little and take the box. I walk up to one of the cars and place the box on the floor before tying my hair back and popping up the hood.

The three men I don't know the names of walk up to me with oil all over their faces and hands and clothes.

"Marco." He shakes my hand.

"Jonathon." He shakes my hand.

"Xavier." He shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you." I nod my head and they all smile.

"We've heard a lot about you." Jonathon shouts over as they all walk back over to their cars.

"Bella loves talking about you." Marco laughs whilst wiping his hands on a cloth.

"Good or bad?" I joke around grabbing the tool I need before getting to work.

"Both." Xavier laughs.

"That's good to hear."

I hear someone's footsteps up until they are beside me and I look up to see Giovanni. He smiles and sits down in a chair before starting a conversation with us all.

I smile a little as I watch Jonathon and Emilio try to put oil on each other's face, "Put that on my face and I'll drown you in it!" Emilio screams.

"You wouldn't kill me." Jonathon taunts as he wipes oil on Emilio. Emilio stands in shock and breaths heavily and that is when Jonathon stops laughing. "Ah shit." He grabs a cloth and wipes it off of Emilio's face carefully.

Emilio clenches his fist at his side and just glares at Jonathon. "See? It's coming off. Not so bad." Jonathon laughs wearily.

"I'm going to kill you." Emilio smiles.

"No." Jonathon smiles back and hugs Emilio.

"Are they married?" I ask Marco who is leaning against the car I'm fixing.

"I think the same thing everyday." He shakes his head as he watches the boys run around the cars.

"Don't get oil on the cars, cagna!" (Bitch) Giovanni gets out of his chair and shouts.

****

"You look like you had fun." Carlo laughs as I walk into the bedroom.

"Have you been in here all day?"

"Yeah. Mom came in shouted at me and then left. I'm an adult!" He sits up in the bed and crosses his arms pouting.

"Mhm, a grown adult." I smile sarcastically.

"Don't you start." He rolls his eyes. "Go for a shower."

"Yes, your highness." I bow and grab some clothes before walking into the bathroom, I run the water and close the door behind me locking it.

When I look into the mirror I have oil all over my face, arms, hands, and even in my hair. I strip then get into the shower. As I wash my hair I hear something slide against the door, I don't think anything of it and continue to wash myself clean.

Once I'm finished I get dressed and dry my hair slightly, when I open the door Carlo's sitting figure falls onto the floor and he looks up at me. "Ouch."

"What are you doing?" I laugh and step over him.

"I missed you." He stands up and hugs me from behind as I try to find some cream to put on my legs and arms. "It's here." He picks up a tube of cream that I use.

He pushes me gently in a chair and sits on the floor bringing one of my legs into his lap. He puts some cream on my leg and rubs it in, he does this to the other one and my arms as well.

"All done." He smiles victoriously. He grabs my hand and drags me to the bed where he sits down and brings me in between his legs with my back pressed against his chest.

He puts on a movie and I recognise it as one of the movies they've all been trying to get me to watch.

Carlo turns my face so I'm looking at him and presses kisses to my lips before kissing me for a while. He pulls back and kisses my nose letting me turn back to the movie as my face heats up and butterflies erupt in my stomach.