8. We Meet... Again?

Erebus returned to his office in the pack house. He sat on his chair as he wondered about the woman he met at the door. Parts of her felt so familiar. That one pale iris that mocked the moon, the white hair in the back of her head. It'd look so familiar to him. Was it because of the night that they were rumored to have had? The night he never remembered.
Garrett entered looking through a folder dense with documents.

"What's up with you?" he asked.

"I saw that girl you told me about today. I wanted to check if Kila had asked her about meeting with me yet," he said.

"What's bothering you?"

"I think she's my mate," said Erebus.

"What?! You spent months going around everywhere to find her and it turns out she's under your nose this whole time?" said Garrett.

"I didn't get a look at her long enough to be sure but I think so. If only she'd meet with me so I could know," said Erebus.

He didn't know what to make of this. He'd been warping his mind around the possibility of Lenora being his mate, he had hoped for it, but it wasn't what he had wished for.

"She won't see you. She thinks that you ordered her suffering until now," said Garrett.

Erebus growled lowly at him. The thought of the one who endured that torture being his mate enraged him in ways he couldn't explain.

"Calm down Erebus. Its over," said Garrett. He sighed and sunk into the chair. Was he happy to find a clue to his mate. Absolutely. Was he happy about who they were. His mind and heart and an internal battle to find out.

"What do you know about her?" Erebus asked.

"She talks grown but doesn't know much. Might be because of her memory loss. She's getting used to other people somewhat. I always bring a rabbit as a peace offering before I spoke to her. Though it took some time before she understood it was to play with and not rip its head off and eat. She's cute, very cute, like a curious hamster," said Garrett.
Erebus chuckled.

"Tell Kila I need to meet her tonight. I have to know if she is my mate. If she is... I may have a lot of work to do."

Garrett's phone rang off and he chuckled.
"Her timing is impeccable," he said showing the screen to Erebus.

Erebus heard Kila yelling at her brother on the other side of the phone. His heart rate quickened at the full comprehension of what was happening. He had found his mate. The one he'd been searching for since his sixteenth birthday. The stranger he'd sworn to himself that he would love and cherish. His leg shook in anticipation.

"So?" asked Erebus?

"She'll see you, tomorrow," said Garrett.

Erebus' mood perked up.

"Calm down puppy. I get that you think she's your mate. But she's also pregnant with no memories of her past and still learning how to get used to society. She also is afraid of you, she's only just barely not afraid of me anymore. You need to be careful. Kila's still trying to get her to stop sleeping in the closet," said Garrett.

Erebus' mood dropped again. Garrett practically saw his ears flop in sadness.

"Come on. You can't approach her but around now is when Kila takes her for for her walk. She needs the exercise," said Garrett.