49. Somebody Save Him...

Erebus managed simple sentences and a slow stride. Everyday he worked to regain each ability with much learned patience. Though to have Selene in his arms again aggravated him more everyday.

"Beloved? Is everything alright?" asked Selene. He grunted a yes. He held out a hand to her and she accepted it with a smile. Three days of practicing and he found the changes within himself on a level he couldn't believe were possible. To see a spec of dust up close with the naked eye. To hear the footsteps of the pack miles away. The scent of a rabbit's fur grazing against a tomato vine in the backyard's garden-or was it cucumber.

"Come." he said lightly. Selene nodded and sat on his lap. There was one thing  he relished in. How Selene felt to him. He felt her natural energy circulate and warm against his skin. The soft watery smell of the moon on her flesh was so clear to him.  He  easily developed a new habit of licking and nipping at her neck gently when she was close.

Selene omitted to telling him anything related  to what was happening  outside of the room. She wanted him to focus thoroughly on getting better naturally and not forcing it. They were pressed for time but she didn't care. His health came first, a bad decision, but one she'd make regardless.
Selene hummed as Erebus nipped at her neck again. She  wouldn't deny she enjoyed the undivided attention though.

"Beloved, there is someone I need you to meet," she said. He tilted his head in question. Selene closed her eyes and whispered something gently.

"You interrupted our flower hunting. Little moon was searching for the perfect orchid," they said with a pout. Their eyes met with Erebus' knowingly. They nodded and Erebus eyes widened when the nemory registered.

"Don't try to speak. I know it must be shocking. Things will be explained in time. For now, I will do as I did with my sister to you. I am sorry for interfereing with your life and causing you much trouble. I only did as any concerned sibling would." They bowed their head and Selene sighed and shook her head. Erebus grabbed Selene's hand and pulled her into him.

"Not a mistake." Short but such firm words held all that he needed to say. The sibling nodded in understanding.

"I told you that would be his reaction," said Selene.

They laughed, "you indeed did. I am glad this one was the one that found you."

"I am too." Selene looked at Erebus with pure love dancing in her eyes.

"Now, little moon is calling for me and I need to continue to use your child as an excuse to avoid my troubles," they said.
Selene sighed. "It is called Procrastination."

"Ah yes. A lovely lesser being invention." They said and dissappeared out of the door.

"Nothing like you," said Erebus.

"No, they have always been the...charasmatic one out of us. I was the stiff faced warrior goddess with temples built in the name of virtue and strength. Theirs were of... desires and freedom."

Erebus nodded and kissed her cheek. His expression changed to a serious one.
"Tell me everything," it sounded like a firm order. Her eyes downcasted. she couldn't avoid things for much longer anyway.

Erebus stormed out of the house to head to the main pack house. Selene came in front of him and he stopped.

"You are not ready. We still have no word of Kila and Garrett's condition. We must wait. Aria and Raymond are buying us time even with the Council's advance schedule. If we rush, we shall fail. Patience is the first lesson of immortality, you will learn it well today," Selene said. Erebus stepped back, his kn itted eyebrows relaxed and he let out a sigh.