42. The Mark's Beginning...

Erebus, Garrett and Kila stood on the stage facing the lot of the pack. Some even returned to the pack lands for the meeting. Originally, they planned to let only the immediate members in but they needed a distraction, a big one. What better than the Pack Matriarch and her husband declaring war on the Council. Erebus stepped forward.

"Pack members. I'm sure most if not all have heard of the accusations directed to us by the Council. We have dealt and endured their tyrants and tantrums for years. My mother and father endured that the most when they started our family, our pack. Now I am officially declaring war on the Council. The Aianes Rivera Pack will no longer tolerate the Council who stuck a title on their own heads and demanded respect they have no rights to get. Wolves, we howl to our Goddess, to hear out plea and shift the winds of guidance. Those winds have brought something back to our territory."

Erebus turned and gestured to the two. They nodded and came up the steps. Releasing their scent and their aura. Screams of joy, shock and fear rang through the air. Aria and Raymond stood before their people once again. Without an order, the crowd of hundreds bowed in waves.

"Our numbers have grown since we left," said Raymond.

"Why the hell are there so many kids. We're shifters, why are they breeding like dogs," grumbled Aria. Raymond shushed her. He stepped forward next to Erebus and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"I know you all have questions. As far as you all know, Aria and I were dead. Answers will come soon. But for now, Aria will be the Alpha of the pack she worked hard to create all those years ago. We support our son in his decision and intend to fully support him in every way we can. Finally, I missed all of you very much, we both did," Raymond finished and the crowd erupted into cheers for a moment. Then attention was directed to their returned Alpha.
Aria cleared her throat and folded her arms. Shifted from either leg uncomfortably. Raymond always took care of speaking to the mass.
Aria despised speeches. I'm a warrior, not a president. She'd argue every time.

"I'm gonna kill you guys with training, but tonight. The Aianes Rivera pack that stretches as far and wild as the river it protects shall celebrate the new coming of our pack's future!" she shouted and the crowd screamed and cheered. Raymond sighed and laughed. Her pulled her into his side and kissed her neck.

"That's my girl," he whispered.

"Shut up old man," she bit back but his grin didn't waver.

Erebus sighed at his parents. How those two were as amazing as they are with the ridiculous personas they have was beyond the gods themselves.

□ □ □ □

"Its time," said Garrett. Erebus and Kila nodded and stood. Aria and Raymond stood to bid them good luck.
"Remember, if you need to anything current, ask Arrow.

"Who?" asked Aria. Erebus sighed and pinched his brow.

"Bunny boy," he said. Her automatic new name from the first time he walked into the room with Mr. Fluffy.

"Right, yeah sure. Go away now. I built this pack, I don't need to be taught how to ruin it kid. I was the teacher first," she told him.

"Training abuser more like," he whispered. Aria was ready to pounce.

"Okay! Time to go, you know where to go, what to do and what it'll take. Good luck children." Raymond kept Aria locked in his arms while she kicked up a fuss.

"I love you both," said Erebus. Aria stopped thrashing and looked at her boy sadly.

"I'll kill you if you die, all of you," she said.

"She knows what she said," said Raymond quickly. Erebus gave up correcting her.

"We love the three of you too. Now go on, we'll be waiting for you," said Raymond. "Silva is in his room," he added.

Erebus nodded and walked out the office to see his son.
Silva was on his bed playing with his favorite stuffed toy Uncle Garrett got him, a grey wolf.
"Hey little one, it's time for daddy to go. Be good to your grandparents. But don't listen to your grandmother," he warned.

Silva jumped off the bed and right into his father's arms.

"I be good. Don't worry daddy. Everything will work out as it should be," he said. Erebus smiled warmly.

"You really are just like your mother," he said and kissed his cheek.

They left the main pack house office. Walking the path that led to the direction of their mates. Silence was more chatty than they were. To the end of the road they were to split and head to their own homes.

"Don't die, Aria would kick our asses," said Kila. Garrett hugged Erebus tightly.

"We got this," said Garrett. Erebus sighed and smiled.
"I just hope she doesn't kill me afterwards," said Erebus.

"We know Dane is gonna be pissed at us, but at least we outnumber him," said Garrett.

"See you in two weeks," Erebus said. They nodded and parted.

□ □ □ □

Erebus walked into the Alpha's home. He didn't bother turning on the lights. He knew she'd be right where he left her.

Selene laid undisturbed on the bed. Her godly features on display and shimmering in the dim natural night light.
Erebus took off his shirt and got slid onto the bed next to her. His locs loose behind his back as he brush her curls out of her face.

"Hey baby girl," he said softly. "I miss you so much. I know you didn't want to do this entirely. But I need you back, Silva needs you back."

He caressed her cheek and desires of want elongated his canines. His nails grew sharp and dark, hazel eyes brightened as he eyed her neck.

"I love you."

His teeth sank into her throat. Silver poured from her mark and into his mouth. He felt her body flinch. Hope welled inside of him. Wake up mate.

A flinch turned to a whimper, a whimper turned into a groan. He released her neck and was shoved into the nearest wall onto the night stand and rolled to the floor. He growled.

Selene sat on the bed gripping her neck. Her white eyes filled with anger and tears pooling.

"What have you done Beloved. How could you-." Erebus groaned, Blood forced its way out of his throat and pooled on the floor.

"NO!" she yelled and ran out of the bed.

Erebus felt her pulling him. The soft sheets met his bare back roughly.
"What have you done! This is not what you are supposed to do!" she yelled.
He looked at his baby girl awake and alert once again.
"Selene, I'm so glad you're awake," he stammered.

"Beloved. My blood is poisonous to others at my full strength. You are going to die if you don't get my blood out of your system!"

"Mark me then. Selene, do it," he told her.

She froze, "I- I cannot, y-you shall die."

"I'll die anyway. Do it."

"Please, do not have me do this," she pleaded.

"It- it'll be okay, I promise."

He wanted her to mark him. To give the, the chance at the life his parents had. To give him the strength to protect her.

"Very well, please do not leave me. Be strong," she said.

"Its okay, I promise."

Erebus closed his eyes. He groaned as his teeth clenched his flesh.

Erebus released a jagged breath as she released her neck.

"You will die once, twice and three. Pain will drown out your mortality and build your immortality. Beloved, do not leave me..." Her voice died out as he lost consciousness.