41. Conviction.

Kila, Erebus and Garrett plan an announcement of Aria and Raymond's return to the immediate members of the pack, news spreads like wild fire to the rest of the pack.
They moved Dane to the Beta home and Selene to the Alpha home to prep.

"So you agree that we should tell the pack?" asked Garrett. They walked through the forest towards the back of the clinic.

"I don't, but we're out of options and we need a distraction to keep eyes away from what we're planning," said Erebus.

"Its a good option. The pack's resolve has never been stronger. They'll do anything they can. Selene means that much to them. She may have once been a pack runt but now she's a Luna who has their respect and loyalty," said Garrett. Erebus nodded as he kicked a small rock in the dirt.

"We're not telling them about their real identity. We're treating this like we're declaring war on the Council. That accusatory statement about us harboring traitors is gonna be our fuel," said Erebus.

Garrett nodded. They would announce meeting of the members who reside in the pack territory. Those on the outskirts would eventually get word of what was happening. It would allow the diversion they needed from their plans. If the Council knew they were all out of commission they wouldn't hesitate to attack the territory in the dead of the night to get to Dane and especially Selene.
Once Selene is awakened they can move forward with their plan of trapping Eachann in the body they have.

What they would do with him afterwards is still debated. They refused to let Selene go along with her original plan but Selene also refused to mate with Erebus to give him the strength to destroy Eachann. As people say, they would cross that bridge when they got to it.

"Are you and Kila sure about this?" asked Erebus.

"Are you?" Garrett countered. They stopped walking.

"No, but if it can give me my baby girl back. I don't care," answered Erebus.

"So this is what falling in love with an immortal feels like," laughed Garrett.

"Its a trip," said Erebus.

"What happened to Lenora?" asked Garrett. Erebus' face fell. He'd dismissed her amongst the chaos entirely. She was written out of his mind with being so absorbed by Selene.

"I haven't seen her in a while, I'll ask Kila about her condition," he said.

"Don't feel too bad. You're trying to save your mate and goddess from getting eaten by her ex-husband. It can take up a lot of time," said Garrett with a pat to Erebus' back.

It didn't shake away his guilt though. How could he have dismissed her to such an extent. He sighed as they entered the clinic.

"Actually I'll go talk to Kila. You check on the preparations to announce mom and dad's return to the pack. The meeting is tonight. Right after we'll go through with the plan," said Erebus. Garrett nodded and walked off.

Erebus knocked on Kila's office door and entered. She was nose deep into paper work and likely didn't notice his entrance.

"Kila!" he shouted. She jumped and spilled a thousand curses in a fishing line.

"What?" she asked.

"What are you doing?" asked Erebus.

"Research, your father spent all night rewriting the formula for Twilight Sulphur and I'm trying to decipher the effects of each ingredient to come up with the formula the Council uses so I can make an antidote," she explained. Erebus always admired her genius mind.

"I'll leave you to that but I need to know how Lenora is doing," he said. Kila's eyebrow arched and she dropped the papers in her hand.

"She's gone. I sent her out of the territory and back to her parents a week before you guys left on your trip. I told you about it," she said. His heart heavied.