30. I Missed You.

Erebus sat in his bedroom; he thought on any ideas he could have to resolve things. His mate, his child, friends, family and pack were on the line.
He sighed.
"I'm causing all this trouble, all because I fell in love with a goddess," he mumbled. "How can I protect everyone? I don't have power like she does."

Erebus gripped onto his loc strands in frustration. He grilled hid thoughts like this every night till exhaustion forced him to rest.

"You do have power child. The power to protect my sister. You must look within yourself. Look within and see your worth. My sister needs you..."

Erebus sat up from the bed quickly. When did he fall asleep? Who's voice was that?

A knock on the door brought him back to reality.
The silver haired boy ran into the room and hugged his father tightly.

"Daddy! We run today?" asked Silva.

"What do you say when you see someone for the first time for the day?"

"Mhmmm.... Mo'nin Daddy," he giggled. Erebus kissed his head.

"Good morning, and yes, we'll go later," he replied. Silva jumped on the bed.

"Silva, no jumping," Selene ordered.

"Sawwy Mommy," he plopped down onto his father's lap.

"Hello...Beloved," she said. Erebus knew she now had trouble calling him that but his heart wouldn't bear being called anything else by her.

"Morning, baby girl," he said and offered a hand for her to come closer.

Selene had been staying with Kila ever since their last argument. Erebus wanted her to come back but thought it would've made her uncomfortable. His nights were painful without her though.
She came closer and he snuck an arm around her waist to pull his face into her torso.

"Mommy, Daddy. Kiss! Muah!" Silva perked up.

Erebus cleared his throat and Selene hid her embarrassment under her large brown fro.

"Mommy, when you sleep here again?" asked Silva.

"I... do not have an answer little moon," she said timidly.

"Daddy cry if you not here," he pouted.

"I do not!" Erebus said defensively.

Their child was too miserable with his words at such a young age. But what would you expect from a toddler who's only a few months old.

"Mommy cry too, for daddy hugs," said Silva.

Silva hopped off the bed and ran out of the room quickly. Sneaking little one.

"You do?" asked Erebus. Selene stepped away from him and turned around.

"I do not want to answer that question," she said. Erebus smirked.

He wrapped a stiff arm around Selene's waist and pulled her back and onto the bed. A yelp escaped her.

"You cried?" he asked. She couldn't hide her reaction this time. He pinned her to the bed and hovered over her.

"I...missed- you," she sighed in between her answer.

"I thought you didn't want to be near me because it would make you uncomfortable."

"I agreed to your terms. I also, still desire your presence, even if I did suppress it."
To make things easier on Erebus. Selene suppressed her returning strength. It allows his emotions to stabilize and buy them more time together.

"Come back home. I can't sleep without you. I know its hard to get used to on your conscience, but I'll die if you really are crying because of me," he said.